I Need something that Fuzzes, but Isn't a Regular Fuzz Circuit?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 2094
    Thanks @ThorpyFX ;

Mike's demos are right up there as my favourites, his technique is staggering. The way he incorporates chromatic runs is almost finger boggling.

Looks like I'll be putting the Rufus in the classifieds soon. The Fallout looks pretty versatile, can it get somewhere in the Rufus ballpark? It seemed to in the demo, but it's hard to tell ultimately. I do rate it's own sound highly though.
    2 + 2 = 5
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 3543
    Thanks @ThorpyFX ;

Mike's demos are right up there as my favourites, his technique is staggering. The way he incorporates chromatic runs is almost finger boggling.

Looks like I'll be putting the Rufus in the classifieds soon. The Fallout looks pretty versatile, can it get somewhere in the Rufus ballpark? It seemed to in the demo, but it's hard to tell ultimately. I do rate it's own sound highly though.
    Close certainly, some settings of the Rufus are more overdrive than fuzz to my ears, in that case just role the sustain knob on the fallout back. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Another option would be the zoom ultra fuzz. It's incredibly versatile and can morph between a raspy, 60s style (think rolling stones) fuzz and a more "modern" muff-ish fuzz. It's really fantastic - without a buffer in front it will do oscillations and mad noises, but with one it doesn't suffer tonally. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 2090
    Did someone say Mike Hermans?!

He's awesome!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Thanks @ThorpyFX ;

Here you go buddy, btw he liked your compliment! 

https://youtu.be/Dh3pkTycgPs
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • SporkySporky Frets: 11376
    Another option would be the zoom ultra fuzz. It's incredibly versatile and can morph between a raspy, 60s style (think rolling stones) fuzz and a more "modern" muff-ish fuzz. It's really fantastic - without a buffer in front it will do oscillations and mad noises, but with one it doesn't suffer tonally. 
    I was going to suggest the Ultra Fuzz. Marvels bit of kit; does all the Fuzz Factory stuff but in a much more predictable manner. And more.
    Never forget that you are wearing your invisible tiara.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 27518
    Sporky said:
    Another option would be the zoom ultra fuzz. It's incredibly versatile and can morph between a raspy, 60s style (think rolling stones) fuzz and a more "modern" muff-ish fuzz. It's really fantastic - without a buffer in front it will do oscillations and mad noises, but with one it doesn't suffer tonally. 
    I was going to suggest the Ultra Fuzz. Marvels bit of kit; does all the Fuzz Factory stuff but in a much more predictable manner. And more.
    They're quite hard to come by though - I finally got one a few months ago after looking for a very long time.
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
    edited January 13
    ICBM said:

They're quite hard to come by though - I finally got one a few months ago after looking for a very long time.
    You can't have looked that hard - I've had a full set of the Zoom analogue pedals on sale here for over two years.
    Sporky said:

You can't have looked that hard - I've had a full set of the Zoom analogue pedals on sale here for over two years.
    It has to be said that the search engine on here is shit! And I still can't find it even knowing that you are...
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
    Thanks @ThorpyFX ;

He is praised widely on here and TGP I'm sure. I think I'll take the Rufus off the board tomorrow, bung on the Bogner Wessex as a Sub until I get to bag one of your Fallout Clouds.

This is a question I should know the answer to really, but is the Muff tone associated with 70's Gilmour recordings and Floyd Live shows etc?

Thanks
    2 + 2 = 5
    Thanks @ThorpyFX ;

He is praised widely on here and TGP I'm sure. I think I'll take the Rufus off the board tomorrow, bung on the Bogner Wessex as a Sub until I get to bag one of your Fallout Clouds.

This is a question I should know the answer to really, but is the Muff tone associated with 70's Gilmour recordings and Floyd Live shows etc?

Thanks
    Others would be able to answer better than me..... however as I understand it. The early albums were silicon fuzz face tones. Later albums were primarily the triangle and rams head big muff fuzz tones. 
    ThorpyFX said:
    Thanks @ThorpyFX ;

Thanks
    Others would be able to answer better than me..... however as I understand it. The early albums were silicon fuzz face tones. Later albums were primarily the triangle and rams head big muff fuzz tones. 
    Ok, thanks. It sounds great anyway without me getting too forensic :) Covers a lot of ground in the demo.
    2 + 2 = 5
    Sporky said:
    Well that will explain it... you called it a *Hyper* Fuzz so the words Ultra and Fuzz never appear in the same post, hence a search doesn’t find them!

:)

Ah well... if only I’d been looking for a spare Boss Hyper Fuzz at the time I might have found it ;).
  • EHX have just released the Op Amp Big Muff. It’s a little different and designed with Billy Corgan. It’s very Siamese dreamy. 
  • Or there’s the Zander Circuity sciclone fuzz. It’s an awesome pedal with loads of tonal options.