SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold. Bare Knuckle P90 soapbar pickup (rare Alnico IV)

xscaramangaxscaramanga Frets: 436
edited January 2018 in Parts £
sold

A rare beast this: A Bare Knuckle P90 with an Alnico IV magnet, from back when Bare Knuckle still took custom orders. 

I told Tim Mills I loved the Mules I had in my Les Paul, and I wanted some of that vibe while retaining the classic P90 tone. He suggested Alnico IV magnets in a P90, and this is what he wound for me. I haven't measured the DC resistance, but I remember the closest equivalent in the Bare Knuckle regular production line-up at the time was the BKP-91, which was rated at 7.8k. The marketing blurb promised "hot and fat single coil grind - more weight in the mid range with excellent top end detail." The closest thing in the current BK line-up would be the Nantucket 90.

Bare Knuckle have never had an Alnico IV P90 as part of their catalogue, at least not since I started using them about ten years ago, so there can't be many of these about. They also don't do custom orders anymore, so it's not likely there'll be any more of them in the foreseeable future.

It's an awesome pickup, but now I don't own any guitars it will fit I'm moving it on. 

£65 delivered in the UK. sold

My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments