SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted: Mesa Boogie Trans Atlantic TA-30 Combo

FaffFaff Frets: 29
edited January 2018 in Amps £
A bit specific I know, but I have a TA-15 head and it suits my purposes perfectly. I like the AC30-ish,  Marshall-ish and Tweed-ish channels which are versatile for gigging.
The TA30 has a loop and reverb which is a bonus.
If there are alternative this this, then please tell.

Guitarist for...  HEY PIXIES - The UK's most gigantic PIXIES tribute band
http://www.facebook.com/heypixies
"We don't actually own any of this gear - we're just looking after it for the next Fretboarder."

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    If you are buying a TA30 check it carefully. I had one and they can be very noisey with the loop and reverb engaged. It certainly put off at least one buyer when i was selling it. I believe Mesa did an update to fix the issue in some later versions. Lots of info on this if you Google it.
  • FaffFaff Frets: 29
    Thanks for that. I was under the impression that this was an issue with the head only as the amp is pretty crowded and the reverb is too close to everything else amongst other things. The important thing is that the noise does not increase as you go louder. 

A lot is made of noise and hissing amps on the Web but it depends on use. My CDR68 is more hissy than my other amps and is annoying when at home levels but at anything louder, the noise  does not increase so for gigs it's no problem at all.

Thanks anyway. 
    "We don't actually own any of this gear - we're just looking after it for the next Fretboarder."

Faff said:
    Thanks for that. I was under the impression that this was an issue with the head only as the amp is pretty crowded and the reverb is too close to everything else amongst other things. The important thing is that the noise does not increase as you go louder. 

A lot is made of noise and hissing amps on the Web but it depends on use. My CDR68 is more hissy than my other amps and is annoying when at home levels but at anything louder, the noise  does not increase so for gigs it's no problem at all.

Thanks anyway. 
    No its not just an issue with the head version (I had the combo) but maybe a little worse on the heads as i understand it for the reasons you describe. I believe the fix was to use a wire to re route the circuit on the pcb and Mesa would probably provide the detail if you wanted it. The noise does increase in relation to the volume of the amp.

In practice its not a problem at a gig but can be a little off putting at home if you play loud.
    edited January 2018
    It's for gigs so I'll bear it all in mind. Thanks. 
    Maybe that's why they discontinued them?

What did you replace it with?

I was only selling mine as I had too many amps and it was not getting used. It did have some great tones it in particularly the ac tones.
    Sorted: I have now got one. Doesn't seem to have any noise issues. 
    A very happy chappy.