The state of the NHS and the risks to us all.

What's Hot
14567810»

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 9670
    edited February 3
    capo4th said:
    You have clearly been smoking the crack pipe HFD.  I voted remain Brexit is a disaster.  

When do we we all see that £350 million a week and what date are the borders closing again? 
    Good luck with Brexit

Sir, you've finally proven me incorrect on something. This is fucking brilliant and I applaud you for it. I had it in my mind that you were on the Leave camp. So finally you demonstrate a mistake made by me, and so I apologise and wholeheartedly say I was wrong on this. 

Equally we finally agree on something as we both voted Remain. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • randellarandella Frets: 1338
    randella said:
    Now this may seem like pedanticity in action.

*pedantry

;)
    After 24 hours of looking after two difficult children, my mind was shot :D
    Yeah - speaking of shot, that was a cheap one on my behalf.

I shouldn’t be allowed the internet. I think I’m funny but I’m demonstrably not. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 9670
    edited February 3
    randella said:
    randella said:

*pedantry

After 24 hours of looking after two difficult children, my mind was shot D

I shouldn’t be allowed the internet. I think I’m funny but I’m demonstrably not.
    Nah, it's fine . This is the first weekend I've looked after two kids on my own since moving in with my partner two months ago. 8 and 6, older one is autistic but quite high functioning with it. It's been pretty hard work and I'm shagged. Still, pedanticity is a fucking great word. I shall copyright it and open a chain of restaurants with poorly worded menu captions on them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • randellarandella Frets: 1338
    randella said:
    randella said:

*pedantry

After 24 hours of looking after two difficult children, my mind was shot D

I shouldn’t be allowed the internet. I think I’m funny but I’m demonstrably not.
    Nah, it's fine . This is the first weekend I've looked after two kids on my own since moving in with my partner two months ago. 8 and 6, older one is autistic but quite high functioning with it. It's been pretty hard work and I'm shagged. Still, pedanticity is a fucking great word. I shall copyright it and open a chain of restaurants with poorly worded menu captions on them. 
    It’d make a good name for a prog album. Dream Theater would bite your hand off for it, I reckon. 

That sounds full-on. Hope you get a bit of rest!
  • It's actually been hard but positive. All part of the learning process with little sproglings. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 13099
    Looks like the government may introduce ring-fenced NHS tax ...
    My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 4215
    Fretwired said:
    Won't happen. The costs of collection and admnistration will be huge, and, assuming it's to be a payroll tax, the costs to employers in getting new payroll softrware and administering the whole thing will cause an outcry.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 13099
    scrumhalf said:
    Fretwired said:
    Won't happen. The costs of collection and admnistration will be huge, and, assuming it's to be a payroll tax, the costs to employers in getting new payroll softrware and administering the whole thing will cause an outcry.

It's just NI renamed and even if it wasn't payroll systems are designed to incorporate different taxes/deductions. I was a director of large software house for years - we sold business software and our payroll software could cope with 99 different deductions per employee out of the box.
    My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 4215
    Fretwired said:
    scrumhalf said:
    Fretwired said:

It's just NI renamed and even if it wasn't payroll systems are designed to incorporate different taxes/deductions. I was a director of large software house for years - we sold business software and our payroll software could cope with 99 different deductions per employee out of the box.
    This hasn't been mentioned as an alternative to NI, as far as I am aware. It's another payroll tax.
  • danodano Frets: 405
    To save the NHS we ultimately need to pay more in.

People are living longer. New medical treatents and technologies cost exonentially more. All that usual arguments....

Over the last ten years the personal tax allowance has gone up.from approx £3K to 11K now. The higher rate tax has gone from 43 to 45K.

surely a NHS specific  tax should be raised ? 
    formerly imported_dannyboy on MR... before they 'imported' me from the total guitarist forums :-')
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • There seem to be way more demands on the NHS now than there used to be. Some of them strike me as "lifestyle enhancing" procedures as opposed to the fixing up of injuries and curing of diseases which the NHS started off by doing. EG Sharon from Essex doesn't have big tits like Tracey so she'd depressed about it and gets a boob job for nothing.

Maybe an NHS-specific tax could be raised from them that refuse to take action to prevent or mitigate their disease. Smokers already pay it. I'm overweight and by right should either take steps to reduce my weight or pay an NHS tax as if I stay overweight for long enough I'm likely to need help from the NHS as a consequence of my being overweight.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs.
    Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 2112
    There seem to be way more demands on the NHS now than there used to be. Some of them strike me as "lifestyle enhancing" procedures as opposed to the fixing up of injuries and curing of diseases which the NHS started off by doing. EG Sharon from Essex doesn't have big tits like Tracey so she'd depressed about it and gets a boob job for nothing.
    I'd be interested to know how easy it is to get this sort of thing on the NHS, how often it happens and what it costs the taxpayer. I'd be very surprised if it's as common, or as expensive as people think. Likewise "health tourism".

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 1747
    There seem to be way more demands on the NHS now than there used to be. Some of them strike me as "lifestyle enhancing" procedures as opposed to the fixing up of injuries and curing of diseases which the NHS started off by doing. EG Sharon from Essex doesn't have big tits like Tracey so she'd depressed about it and gets a boob job for nothing.
    I'd be interested to know how easy it is to get this sort of thing on the NHS, how often it happens and what it costs the taxpayer. I'd be very surprised if it's as common, or as expensive as people think. Likewise "health tourism".
    Don't know about the former, but "health tourism", as it's dubbed, is generally considered as a consequence of doing business in NHS financial circles. It is calculated as costing less to the NHS than it would do to set up and implement measures to prevent it.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.