Laney Ironheart IRT30 1x12 Combo - Opinions

What's Hot
fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4087
Like lots of recent posts, I'm looking for a versatile 30w combo with onboard reverb, ideally giving me 2 channels + boost or 3 channels.  I've tried Orange, Blackstar, Mesa, Hughes & Kettner and Marshall and not found my sound.

then i came across the Laney Ironheart IRT30 1x12 combo and it seems to have it all.  3 channels, versatile tone, DI out, reverb.

Just check out how it awesome this guy makes it sound:

When I tried a Laney 5w head (using a JEM 7v) a while back i was really impressed with how fluid it sounded.

Before I go any further, has anyone got one, played one, fixed them?  Any opinions?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I was one of the artists that beta tested the original IRT heads, so I may be slightly biased! 

The voicing isn’t for everyone, it’s very mid heavy and modern, but if you’re into that kind of thing it’s brilliant. Some people find the switching awkward but I never really found it an issue.

the DI is very good too!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4087
    Wow what a job!!  Did you ever get to try the GH30R-112?  That sounds awesome aswell.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Wasn’t really a job, I was an endorsed artist so I frequently dropped in to play the new amps! 

The new gh30 was well after my time, I’m a big fan of the gh series amps though, they’re incredible value for money. 
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    I've played the iron heart 60w head and really liked it, was very versitile. I liked the overall tone and it will be on the list when I'm next looking for an amp. The only thing I'm not sure about is the long term reliability of the laneys as I've never gigged one as yet.
  • I have the 2 EL84 rackmount version.
    the clean is ok. The dirty tones are very good. Digital reverb does the job. The master volume is excellent.
    does feel like it may not last as long as some of my custom built amps, but it sounds pretty good overall
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4087
    Thanks all, might be worth a shot then.  I do like the sound of the GH30R though but I've not seen any stocked anywhere.  I've emailed Laney but awaiting their reply.