NAMM speculation: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe & Deville

What's Hot
StefBStefB Frets: 2331
edited January 2018 in Amps

Lots of talk of off the wall new Fender guitar models, but I'm wondering if a mark IV Hot Rod range is in the offing?

A few shops in the UK have reduced the prices of HR Deluxes & Devilles quite a bit with some, Coda notably, selling the 2x12 Deville for less than a Deluxe, so I wonder if the Devilles are to be discontinued altogether?

Not sure where they can go with a mark IV range, but a separate relay jack for switching the reverb is very long overdue for me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11415
    Maybe they are going to put a decent C12N type speaker in it not a budget Celestion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    edited January 2018
    StefB said:

Lots of talk of off the wall new Fender guitar models, but I'm wondering if a mark IV Hot Rod range is in the offing?

A few shops in the UK have reduced the prices of HR Deluxes & Devilles quite a bit with some, Coda notably, selling the 2x12 Deville for less than a Deluxe, so I wonder if the Devilles are to be discontinued altogether?
    Devilles are quite hard to sell these days - especially the 2x12" model - because almost no-one needs the extra volume, headroom and weight compared to a Deluxe, and only the 4x10" is different-sounding enough to be worth having for that. Second hand, values of the Deluxe and 2x12" Deville seem about the same, and only the 4x10" Deville is worth slightly more.

StefB said:

Not sure where they can go with a mark IV range, but a separate relay jack for switching the reverb is very long overdue for me.
    The Blues Deluxe/Deville have footswitchable reverb, if you don't need the More Drive channel.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom