SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Richard Bartram TS acoustic guitar: PRICE DROP

ClosetCasualClosetCasual Frets: 12
edited January 2020 in Acoustics £
Hi
I am thinking long and hard about selling my beautifully built acoustic, hand made in Littleport by Richard Bartram. It was purchased new from a shop in London for which, by all accounts, Richard supplied with a few of his guitars from this period.

It was built in 1999, if memory serves. The date and Richard's signature are pencilled inside on the guitar top.

It is his TS model, a slope-shouldered large bodied guitar very similar in shape to a Gibson J35/45. The sound is open, warm and responsive with great bass articulation.

Solid spruce top
Solid mahogany back and sides
Rosewood fingerboard
Schaller machine heads
First class workmanship throughout - see photo of the neck to body join as an example of this. All purfling, rosette, bridge and pins handmade by Richard. The only component on the guitar not made by him are the machine heads.

There is one scratch on the edge of the top. It's a lacquer mark and not structural. Please see final image.

Looking for circa £1600 incl Hiscox case. Selling for £1300. NOW: £900

PM me if interested.
Based in SE London

Thanks.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ClosetCasualClosetCasual Frets: 12
    edited January 2018
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClosetCasualClosetCasual Frets: 12
    edited January 2018
    For sale with revised price ^^
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    Looks nice
  • Looks nice

Thanks. It is a Very nice guitar. Just surplus to requirements now that I only use small bodied instruments.

**Open to offers if anyone is interested**
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    Richard is a friend and he makes really superb acoustic guitars and has been doing so since the 60s.  A really experienced luthier and also a great player!  You simply can't go wrong with a Bartram acoustic.  :)

Good luck with the sale!
  • surfguy13 said:
    Richard is a friend and he makes really superb acoustic guitars and has been doing so since the 60s.  A really experienced luthier and also a great player!  You simply can't go wrong with a Bartram acoustic.  :)

Good luck with the sale!

Thanks. Agreed. He's a super nice chap to boot, too!
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    He is indeed!
  • Still available. Part exchange considered - decent Strat or Cornell amp head.
  • ^^I really need an amp/price drop. Bargain for utterly beautiful hand made instrument: £1150
  • OK... PRICE DROP for what is a truly excellent guitar. Albeit one made by someone whose name is not widely known.
    £900. I'm based in SE London.