Pick Recommendations Please...

What's Hot
I've tried lots of picks since I started playing just over a year ago, and I've settled on two that I really like and buy whenever I get a chance. 

For fiddly stuff I tend to use a Gravity Razor, but my everyday pick of choice is the Planet Waves Duragrip 0.70

The problem is, I can only find one place to buy them in bulk and they charge a tenner for postage which is just ridiculous for 25 picks. I can buy them individually at the studio I go to sometimes but haven't seen them very often in shops. Anyone know of somewhere that sells them for a reasonable price or can you maybe recommend me something pretty much exactly the same but more readily available? 

Thanks in advance

My Trading Feedback    |    T'Fretboard Jam in't North

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• They're similar shape to the Dunlop Tortex picks, though it looks like there's some kind of special grip on them?

I use the Tortex Wedge and get mine in bulk (25 at a time) and the site has free delivery I think (haven't put an order in for a while actually). They're also easier to source as they're more well known.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • They're similar shape to the Dunlop Tortex picks, though it looks like there's some kind of special grip on them?

I use the Tortex Wedge and get mine in bulk (25 at a time) and the site has free delivery I think (haven't put an order in for a while actually). They're also easier to source as they're more well known.
    Yes, the all over grip pattern is what I like most about them. I get very sweaty fingers. I've used the tortex ones and they're fine for about ten minutes. 

• Hmm you may like the Dunlop Max Grip standard then, they have that surface thing:

And that's the site I get my picks from, for what that place charges you to deliver you can get 25 of them for 45p!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 2944
    edited January 12
    Thanks @Lestratcaster , I've ordered 25 of those. They do look like they'll do the job and they're a good deal cheaper even before the postage. 25 of the Planet Waves ones was coming out at £17. 

Good company, looks like they've got lots of choice. Appalling web design though! That was painful! 

• No worries, hope you enjoy them, I'm due to put in an order myself actually. For £10 I get 25 of them delivered free. Not a bad deal. I must put in about 2-3 orders a year.
  • I'm due to put in an order myself actually.
    Make sure you have a stiff drink and get ready for swearing beforehand! 

It wouldn't accept my address because it got stuck on post/zip code. Wouldn't accept letters even though I'd already put UK, just crap point of sale software bolted on I think. In the end I had to use PayPal so it took the transaction off site lol. 

• I'm due to put in an order myself actually.
    Make sure you have a stiff drink and get ready for swearing beforehand! 

It wouldn't accept my address because it got stuck on post/zip code. Wouldn't accept letters even though I'd already put UK, just crap point of sale software bolted on I think. In the end I had to use PayPal so it took the transaction off site lol. 
    Really? I've never had that problem before. I usually click the "I don't have a Paypal account" option and just pay by card. Works fine for me all the time. Maybe they've changed it recently.