Fender Custom Shop prices for 2018

What's Hot
WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
Yikes. Ouch. 

That is all. 
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    (Oh, in addition to 85% of Strats now being north of £3k they are removing the CruzTools, the lead and the polishing cloth from the case candy too...) 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    That’s a LOT of money....

My personal view on ‘case candy’ (awful phrase that it is...) is that it’s only there to help justify the price.

Apart from a hex key for the saddle screws, there is no need to supply anything else. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I always use the Cruz tools every string change and the cloth gets used every time my jazzmaster goes back in it's case

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think mine retailed at 2600 2 or 3 years ago so it doesn't seem like too big an increase. Nowhere near Gibsons hikes.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    The case candy must cost about £20. Certainly wouldn’t be something I’d insist upon. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Where are you getting the 2018 prices from?
    Philly_Q said:
    Models landing at dealers over the past week or two...
  • jrc2806jrc2806 Frets: 64
    Pleased to see the value of the £ hitting a 19 month high against the $ today. Looking forward to the price reductions over the coming months from Gibson, Martin, Fender....sorry just dreaming again!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    Just ask Bravewood to make you one for £1500 - Job done. Same as with a Precision Bass, I'm amazed anyone would pay £2K for one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2330
    Do they still come with picks in a pack? Anyone buying a secondhand Fender Custom Shop guitar and wondering where the little pack of pics went to.....sorry but I have them all, lol. After 27 years of owning Custom Shop guitars I finally sifted through the drawers and put them in one handy storage container.....and had a count up too....damn I have 279 including some white snakeskin looking ones from the 90's. Lots of nice signature master builder picks too, do the masterbuilts still come with those or have they cut them out too? 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Whitecat said:
    Philly_Q said:

Ah, thanks - I was wondering if there was an official price list somewhere which I was totally unaware of.

I look at several of the dealer websites a lot but don't really keep track of the prices - I probably wouldn't notice unless there was a really big jump.

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2330
    Did you guys see that the Fender Vintage Series has been replaced with the Fender Original Series, they have taller frets and 9.5" boards at last. Loads of special editions too like a tele-bodied Strat with the Strat pickup config. They all got leaked by Fender dealers yesterday who jumped the gun and then had to withdraw the ads...lol. 
    Strat54 said:
    Do they still come with picks in a pack? Anyone buying a secondhand Fender Custom Shop guitar and wondering where the little pack of pics went to.....sorry but I have them all, lol. After 27 years of owning Custom Shop guitars I finally sifted through the drawers and put them in one handy storage container.....and had a count up too....damn I have 279 including some white snakeskin looking ones from the 90's. Lots of nice signature master builder picks too, do the masterbuilts still come with those or have they cut them out too? 
    I've never had any picks with mine but they're all secondhand, apart from one.... maybe you've got all the picks!  I've never owned a Masterbuilt.
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    Don't worry gents, when Fender pick over the bones of a bankrupt Gibson and have total market domination, they are bound to drop their prices.

..that's how it works, ..right?
    The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14030
    tFB Trader
    Whitecat said:
    (Oh, in addition to 85% of Strats now being north of £3k they are removing the CruzTools, the lead and the polishing cloth from the case candy too...) 
    the case candy went in 2017 - only certificate + strap now
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Whitecat said:
    Philly_Q said:
    many models have been just below or just over 3K now for most of 2017 - any stock around £2500 has been either old stock or stock ordered in 2016 that arrived mid 2017

I do have info on 2018 models and prices but can't release such info until NAMM - Still waiting as to what the 2018 NAMM Limited Editions models will be for 218
    Thanks Mark. Look forward to the news...
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1204
    Thank fuck we won't have to hear the phrase 'case candy' any more.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Whitecat said:
    Philly_Q said:
    many models have been just below or just over 3K now for most of 2017 - any stock around £2500 has been either old stock or stock ordered in 2016 that arrived mid 2017

I do have info on 2018 models and prices but can't release such info until NAMM - Still waiting as to what the 2018 NAMM Limited Editions models will be for 218
    Just out of interest, how much is a custom order vs 'off the peg' stock that yourself, Peach and World Guitars currently have? I realise this is a 'how long is a piece of string' question so if I were to ask for a Strat in Cherry Sunburst, maple board and whatever electric bits a CS comes with, how much would I be looking at considering I don't want the 'aged' hardware, 'aged' plastics or relicing, roadworn etc- the bit people tell me costs a fortune, without being facetious I'd like a custom shop  Strat to actually look like a new guitar. I guess a std US Strat built in the custom shop would be more succinct :)
    tFB Trader
    Garthy said:
    Whitecat said:
    Philly_Q said:

Just out of interest, how much is a custom order vs 'off the peg' stock that yourself, Peach and World Guitars currently have? I realise this is a 'how long is a piece of string' question so if I were to ask for a Strat in Cherry Sunburst, maple board and whatever electric bits a CS comes with, how much would I be looking at considering I don't want the 'aged' hardware, 'aged' plastics or relicing, roadworn etc- the bit people tell me costs a fortune, without being facetious I'd like a custom shop  Strat to actually look like a new guitar. I guess a std US Strat built in the custom shop would be more succinct :)
    There is not a definitive for a Custom Shop Strat as the price list is effectively the price list is like an a la carte menu and you can choose various options - ie 1/4 sawn neck, hand wound pick-ups etc will add to the price - Whereas a NOS new shiny finish, or even a lightly aged closet finish will be less than an aged finish - Best bet on an exact quote is to e-mail me or send a PM with the spec that you require and I can get you a more exact quote - If you are not sure of the exact spec you want again I can help with preparation, but often a good idea to look at other C/Shop models out there, look at the spec and base your order around it - again for example, if you see a guitar you like the spec and features of, but want a different non aged finish and colour, send me a link of that guitar and we can use that guitar as a base for the quote with changes as required - Hope that makes sense - Very few if any quotes are now below 3k - and around 6-7 months waiting time on new orders - any questions just ask - Doug at Coda, John at Peach and myself are handling such quotes and potential orders all the time, either for customers or indeed for some of our own guitars we order for stock