Anyone holding off a new amp purchase until they see what NAAM 2018 has to offer ?

What's Hot
TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
edited January 2018 in Amps
If Fender release a lower power 6L6 head , im very interested.

If the new marshall dsl's dont look under the lid like the scrapings bin in a chinese restaurant, i might be interested.

Who else is sitting on the cash until they see what surfaces from namm ?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    edited January 2018
    Maybe the new DSL40 combo, it will have EL34 power valves and a V type speaker. Perhaps the DSL20 head but only if it has plentiful clean headroom. Also a bit confused about the output - 2no. EL34 valves would surely yield more than 20 watts? Will they be starved? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    rico said:
    Maybe the new DSL40 combo, it will have EL34 power valves and a V type speaker. Perhaps the DSL20 head but only if it has plentiful clean headroom. Also a bit confused about the output - 2no. EL34 valves would surely yield more than 20 watts? Will they be starved? 

The EL34s would be run at a lower voltage just as they are in the mini Jubilee.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 782
    Problem with buying a new range is it won't have a track record for reliability unless it's dealing with issues of the old range.(even then this still holds)
  • gordiji said:
    Problem with buying a new range is it won't have a track record for reliability unless it's dealing with issues of the old range.(even then this still holds)
    I wouldnt worry so much if it were fender as i would about new marshall amps.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11497
    tFB Trader
    Plectrum said:
    rico said:

The EL34s would be run at a lower voltage just as they are in the mini Jubilee.
    Current EL34s are so unreliable when pushed hard at high voltages that running them at much lower voltages is the best use for them and they sound good too.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3853
    DSL1 for me. No way I'm buying blind though. I don't want to be the guinea pig!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm keeping an eye out for the new Marshall DSL series. Wanted to get a DSL5c before places stopped selling them so holding out for the new one. Hopefully they'll have most of the same features with an improvement.
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 850
    I'm hoping for +ve dsl news too! 
  • Hoping some of the new Ibanez range will be at the guitar show 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    I bought an Elf at crimble (a Christmas Elf?); that'll do me unless I luck-out and get the gig in a stadium band.