Beware of Gear4Music.com while purchasing musical instruments

What's Hot

Comments

• Great post, @chrishill901 - have your 168th fret...
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746

Funnily enough my bassist ordered a bass from G4M between Christmas and new year with it showing in stock and he's been told twice now it's delayed.

I use them maybe 3 or 4 times a year for various purchases and have never had an issue

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Great post, @chrishill901 - have your 168th fret...
    Why thank you @Jonathangus - I feel people are too quick to complain and not quick enough to shout about good service (although on here a lot of people a quick to mention when somewhere serves them well which is good to see) G4M has been good for me. I'm sure they can be bad, it sounds like they've not handled this Xmas too well, but to go on some sort of witch hunt seems unnecessary! 

I got battered at work this Christmas; on top of my regular work load which ramps up at Christmas because of increased digital/social content I've been producing a TV advert too. On the last day before Christmas when everyone was at the pub I was sorting hire equipment 45 miles away. As such a few of my day to day responsibilities went to the wayside. I accept responsibility for that but everyone of course understood and expected that and I worked overtime to get it all done. If a colleague had kicked off saying I was disgraceful and the worst employee ever I'd have been hurt by that, I tried my best. Cut people some slack! It's not the mistake a company makes thats relevant, its how they handle it that's important.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    46 Frets already? that shit took me ages. This guy is a genius.

He's up to 50 now and at the risk of being called Salty - and I have literally no idea what that means - I find it slightly disturbing, unless those members voting up his posts are being ironic, which is possible I suppose.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AmmeoAmmeo Frets: 87
    My anger doesnt come from the fact that G4M delayed my orders multiple times. It comes from the fact that they outright lied to me about the availability of the product. They will tell you the item is available even if they are out of stock and may take months for the fulfillment of the order. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    edited January 2018
    Ammeo said:
    My anger doesnt come from the fact that G4M delayed my orders multiple times. It comes from the fact that they outright lied to me about the availability of the product. ...
    The mockery you’re getting on here doesn’t come from the fact that you complained. It comes from the fact that you outright lied to us about your propensity to complain like this.
    Ammeo said:
    I dont do such posts but ...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    Our friend has certainly been busy on Trustpilot. Apparently he has changed locales as well. 

https://uk.trustpilot.com/users/5a2abb4a0000ff000aee4b04

This is the type of thing which Trustpilot don’t like. Is there a way of reporting it?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31575
    Ammeo said:
    My anger doesnt come from the fact that G4M delayed my orders multiple times. It comes from the fact that they outright lied to me about the availability of the product. They will tell you the item is available even if they are out of stock and may take months for the fulfillment of the order. 
    You claim to live in three different countries, you claim you never complain like this, you claim that you both did and didn't receive your interface. 

Some people do tell outright lies I'm afraid, it's just the way the world is. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AmmeoAmmeo Frets: 87
    p90fool said:
    Ammeo said:
    You claim to live in three different countries, you claim you never complain like this, you claim that you both did and didn't receive your interface. 

Some people do tell outright lies I'm afraid, it's just the way the world is. 
    My google may have auto filled my location when filling the registration forms. I didnt even know my address is mentioned as USA on trustpilot until i saw today. Anyways this forum is filled with salty narcissists whose only job here is to get personal with someone rather than discussing the main issue.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28133
    Ammeo said:

Anyways this forum is filled with salty narcissists whose only job here is to get personal with someone rather than discussing the main issue.  
    It's not a job. It's more of a vocation.

You salmon-farming nerdlinger.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StavrosStavros Frets: 334
    The main issue has been done to death, and a balanced opinion given. Enough now I reckon.
    I love my brick
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27453
    Neill said:
    46 Frets already? that shit took me ages. This guy is a genius.

He's up to 50 now and at the risk of being called Salty - and I have literally no idea what that means - I find it slightly disturbing, unless those members voting up his posts are being ironic, which is possible I suppose.

Another discussion here recently was about whether we should limit access to the Classifieds until (new) members had amassed sufficient frets as an indication of their bona fides.

I think this thread demonstrates why we can safely ignore fret count as a measure of someone's trustworthiness.

Quite why the membership decide that this guy's posts are worthy of wisdoms is beyond me.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • I just received a Behringer USB audio interface from G4M (item number W2199924) and, I have to say, it was the best service ever.  

I ordered them yesterday at 1.30pm and they were with me this morning at 11.45am.  After I ordered my 
    Behringer USB audio interface from G4M (item number W2199924) I got a phone call from a man called "Ammad Naeem" and he was exceptionally polite.  He thanked me for my order and assured me they would be with me the next day.  "Don't worry, I'm in a different part of the UK and this simply may not be possible!"  I replied to the polite gentleman.  He assured me that he would do everything to keep a new customer happy, especially one with order number W2199924.  

It sure made my day when my Behringer USB audio interface from G4M (item number W2199924) arrived this morning at 11.45am, delivered by Ammad, who is our local DHL driver and, coincidently shares the same first name as the very polite man in G4M.  After I signed for the package I phoned Ammad Naeem and thanked him for his exceptional service and he sent me a £50 voucher for my kind words.

I must write up a glowing report on:

Trustpilot
    Gearslutz
    KVR
    Muff Wiggler
    Ocremix
    Drowned in Sound
    Ultimate Guitar
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Fucking internet
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28133
    Internets is super-duper!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2942
    I never ordered anything from this company. It never arrived.

That's 100% customer service in my book. Didn't cost me anything either, although I think some other stores may have been running a similar deal at the time.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ammeo said:
    Your anger is indeed mighty, Mr Homo Sapien Vegan. 

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/warning-stay-away-from-gear4music-com-while-purchasing-musical-instruments.1232641/

Ammeo said:
    My google may have auto filled my location when filling the registration forms. I didnt even know my address is mentioned as USA on trustpilot until i saw today. Anyways this forum is filled with salty narcissists whose only job here is to get personal with someone rather than discussing the main issue.  
    Come to papa and let me fill you with more salt.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11292
    blueskunk said:
    Fucking internet
    I think there are other forums (fora?) that might be of assistance.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    Hey @Ammeo ;

It's not G4M's fault, they were trying to do the right thing by preventing you from buying Behringer. That's what friends do for each other. 

Ooh look, 8 in stock:

https://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Audient-iD14-Audio-Interface-with-Burr-Brown-AD-Converters/1918

Think how salty your podcast crapping on G4M will sound on this baby!

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Actually I think the less than warm reception was your decision to join, say you don't complain, complain, get called out for complaining repeatedly elsewhere and then not contribute anywhere else on the forum.

I don't see joining a forum to complain about a business as a "public good" when plenty of others have said they had good service.

Now joining and warning people about a scammer, a potential theft or some such, well, fair enough. But no, you didn't do that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom