What's Hot
stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7141

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RoasterRoaster Frets: 18
    Wonder if she had the rigging on? :P
  • Ha! my sister made me play her down the isle to this intro, harmoniser and all:

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    Wow steve vai intro to a wedding! cool!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26969
    Ridiculous but awesome. 

I'm guessing she learned that just for the day- Drop D power chords and technically the wrong chords to allow less movement and less room for mistakes, while he clearly knows what he's doing without looking :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Is she playing in an open tuning?
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    edited August 2013
    Cool!  I used to to play a solo guitar version of that at weddings, Pachalbels canon in D.  The classical "experts" said it couldn't be done, it requires more instruments, you have to downtune the top string yada yada yada.....BUT, if you play it in C it's easy!  And all the bride had to do was play the same four chords over and over, it looks like her guitar was tuned to an open major chord and all she had to do was barre one fret at the right spot for each chord.  I used to just play a bass note as loud as I could under the melody.   Edit, actually, I just dug out the score and confirmed I was wrong(that's twice this year), the bride had to play D, A, Bm, F#m, G, D, G, A over and over.  A little more complex than I remember but still easy, there's no chorus or bridge but if you do the fancy ending there is a slight variation for a couple bars and your done.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• SporkySporky Frets: 28148
    My word that's cringey.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    edited August 2013
    Sporky;16913" said:
    My word that's cringey.

+1 I'm glad I wasn't there

@-)
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I thought it was pretty cool...   good on her for having a go and not bad playing from both of them considering the nerves they probably had.
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    edited August 2013
    jaygtr said:
    Sporky;16913" said:
    My word that's cringey.

+1 I'm glad I wasn't there

@-)

I'm with Sporky and jaygtr on this one, especially the bit at the end where they play 'face to face', get me a bucket.

Good grief, I know I'm a miserable old bugger and you are right it would have taken some guts to get out there and do it at your own wedding ceremony, but I can't help feel that the current fad for doing something weird at your wedding in my mind is a distraction from the serious commitment you are making at this time. Last time I sat in the congregation listening to the vows the 'words' frightened me! Cant remember what I agreed to, I expect i'll be reminded soon enough though.  

• Sporky said:
    My word that's cringey.
    I used to play it sitting off to the side on a classical guitar, not cringey, and I got money for it.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Fuckin pair of idiots. Type of couple who live on a 'Lovely Bubble of Life", arranging their rice crispies 'just so' in the bowl before they expertly pour the milk in. 

Must be nice to have the time mind.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16668
    Is she playing in an open tuning?
    if its good enough for dolly parton....

he could have given her a nicer guitar to play - perfect opportunity to buy something in white
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28148
    Sporky said:
    My word that's cringey.
    I used to play it sitting off to the side on a classical guitar, not cringey, and I got money for it.
    That would be enormously less cringey. Quite possibly not cringey at all.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    edited August 2013
    Certainly not as cringe as that but a few years ago a good friend asked me to play here comes the bride on the electric as their entrance music, which I duly did. 

When I agreed to it, he sent me two you tube videos, one of Hendrix doing star spangled banner, and one of Brian May on top of the palace doing God Save the Queen, and said "something like this?" No fucking pressure then!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Sporky;16913" said:
    My word that's cringey.
    Quite so. I felt a little bit sick in my mouth. I thought the purpose of weddings was to get married, not show off teh awsum skillz.