SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Yard Sale: Rickenbacker 360 ON HOLD - Firebird SOLD - HELD 1976 Yamaha SG2000

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
edited January 2018 in Guitars £
Hey you crazy cats!  Perfect storm of HMRC waiting for me at the end of the month/son needing new drums/lusting after new gear (as ever) means I'm shifting a whole bunch of quality kit.  Would prefer to meet up to handover - Central or N London/Herts but willing to discuss logistics. 

Questions and sensible offers welcome. 

First up is this gorgeous Rickenbacker 360/6, 2008 in sexy Mapleglo.  Purchased just a month ago from offa this very forum, it's basically immaculate - no marks, dents, dings etc. 

Complete with basically unmarked case and vintage style leather strap which clicks into the strap buttons. Great guitar, just surplus to my current requirements.  Asking £1200.

Next up is this equally lush 2016 Gibson Firebird T. Traditional specs: neck thru body; Gibson mini humbuckers which deliver a terrific chunky sound without losing clarity; Steinberger gearless tuners.  In basically perfect nick: no obvious marks, scratches, dents or bumps. Comes with original Gibson gigbag.  £750 SOLD.  Son's arm and hand not included.

Then we have my 1976 Yamaha SG 2000 in Tobacco Sunburst.

Made in 1976 (the first year SG2000s were produced) it seems to be a prototype or a very early version  - serial number is the same pattern as the SG175s, rather than the standard SG2000 pattern.

Fret edge binding, mahogany body, maple top, neck through, brass sustain block under the bridge, ebony fretboard. The top has a very subtle flame in certain lights.   It has its fair share of knocks, as you would expect from a guitar of this age, but nothing major or structural. The finish has cracked over the Yamaha logo.The machine heads have been replaced with Grover rotomatics. I will include the original parts with the sale. The electrics are original. Currently set up with 9-46s.  The weight is around 4.6kg and the guitar absolutely sings.  Comes in its original case, bit tatty externally but perfectly sound and clean inside.  Asking £1350.

Yamaha SA removed for complex reasons of State.

That's it.  I feel quite emotional now.
Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'll give u a fiver for ur sons hand! nice guitars man. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
    I'll give u a fiver for ur sons hand! nice guitars man. 
    The kid's got a gig next week: he needs both his hands.  And, thanks :)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14409
    I'm surprised that @HarrySeven has not already made an offer for the Firebird or the Yamahas. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8028
    I'm surprised that @HarrySeven has not already made an offer for the Firebird or the Yamahas. 

Me too! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    I love the Firebird photos 
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    Is your son sobbing because you're selling the Firebird.

Seriously, Those Yamaha's are absolutely fantastic and worth every penny I had an SA700.

Every bit as good (if not better) as its Gibson counterpart. I believe that when Yamaha first started building these, the instruction from the top was "Everything has to be better".

GLWTS
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    Hey @HarrySeven !  Why not make me an offer for the Firebird and the Yamaha? :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    edited January 2018
    Schnozz said:
    I love the Firebird photos 
    Astonishing trickery, huh?  You'd hardly know he was there D

(fiendish things to try to stand up under their own steam)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    edited January 2018
    ellangus said:
    Is your son sobbing because you're selling the Firebird.

Seriously, Those Yamaha's are absolutely fantastic and worth every penny I had an SA700.

Every bit as good (if not better) as its Gibson counterpart. I believe that when Yamaha first started building these, the instruction from the top was "Everything has to be better".

GLWTS
    Thank you.  My son doesn't even play guitar: he's a drummer/pianist/bassoonist.  And even if he did, he's a southpaw.

The Yammies are indeed both fantastic guitars with shed loads of vintage mojo and cred and all the rest of it.  Just need to raise funds, somethings gotta go and these are the ones that, after a lot of soul searching, I figured I was playing less than all the others...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    edited January 2018
    JerkMoans said:
    I'm surprised that HarrySeven has not already made an offer for the Firebird or the Yamahas. 
    Hey, HarrySeven!  Why not make me an offer for the Firebird and the Yamaha? D
    It will probably be an exchange involving three Peavey V-Type Superstrats and a bunch of British solid state P.A. heads.
    It will probably be an exchange involving three Peavey V-Type Superstrats and a bunch of British solid state P.A. heads.
    If HMRC will accept such treasures, I’m game :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8028
    JerkMoans said:
    I'm surprised that HarrySeven has not already made an offer for the Firebird or the Yamahas. 
    Hey, HarrySeven!  Why not make me an offer for the Firebird and the Yamaha? D

Dear Mr. @Funkfingers. I'm sorry to report that I'm fresh out of MIK Peavey V-Types and FAL Phase 50's. However, I'm sure I can find some other quality shite items to replace them. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

In that case, shut up 'n' buy the SG2000. ;)
    In that case, shut up 'n' buy the SG2000. ;)
    What @Funkfingers said.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Nice Rick, though I'm even more interested in the Flynn behind it! 
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    Trude said:
    Nice Rick, though I'm even more interested in the Flynn behind it! 
    Which, by a fabulous twist style twist, is also up for grabs on these very classifieds

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • jedjed Frets: 28
    Hi mate, is the firebird still available? very interested!

jed said:
    Hi mate, is the firebird still available? very interested!

Sure is. Sitting in my front room, snug as a bug in its bag.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Brilliant! where in London are you mate?

I will pm you