SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Ibanez Destroyer

John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
edited March 2014 in Guitars £
Anything considered, new or old, have a few guitars or amps I could swap or PX if you would prefer this to cash
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    My friend has an 80's original with the 3 super destroyers. He was saying that he may consider selling so I'll let him know.
  • brownovichbrownovich Frets: 417
    edited March 2014
    Yes indeed, as Ad says i've got a 1983 Ibanez destroyer DT355, it's the Phil Collen model.
    Quite a few differences to the original spec, firstly it's got 2 original 70's DiMarzio Super Distortions in the bridge and middle positions along with an Iron Gear pickup in the neck (only used that as the DiMarzio's were a bit sharp to have in the neck)

The original crappy vintage style trem has been replaced with a Kahler trem as per Phil's specs. I've also updated the dot inlays with vinyl block inlays with strike thrus again as per Phil's guitar but they can be easily removed if needed. There is an empty battery compartment from where I first bought the guitar some eejet had put EMG's on it (not that i'm knocking EMG's theyre just not right for this!)

The body is pretty beaten but in a very cool way! i've included some pics of some of the damage although it's hard to see it all.

This is a BEEFY sounding guitar and honestly sounds way more knarly that any of my other guitars. That said it's also got a lovely clean sound too.
    It's also got probably the fastest neck of any guitar i've ever played. Years of playing have worn away the lacquer and it's down to the bare wood most of the way up. 

The only reason i'm considering selling is space. Would this be of interest?
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775

Hi brownovich

Not really what I'm looking for, would prefer a hard-tail with 2 pickups (ideally sunburst), thanks for the response though - John

• matonematone Frets: 211
    Hound Dog Music ,Whitley Bay have one on their website.
  • sunshinewellysunshinewelly Frets: 731
    edited March 2014
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/9767/mint-peavey-pxd-void-2-emg-guitar-for-sale-with-coffin-case-price-drop#latest

not a destroyer but similar specked and shaped.

Its basically brand new. incredibly fast neck with very very low action.

sunshinewelly

Looks nice, but a bit too metal for me I'm afraid, I'm really after a Destroyer

matone

Thanks for the heads-up will keep that one in mind

All sorted, many thanks to Forge for my lovely DT400 :)
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431

You're welcome...

1981 1st edition Destroyer II mahogany...I already miss her! I know it is in a good home.