Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Comments

• Ooooh... Interesting! Much moreso than the air thing. That's got my attention

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31534
    I'm thinking I may as well hang on to my 100w Katana now - with the footswitch, cover and expression pedal I spent nearly £450 on it in October, the amp itself is probably only worth a ton now. 

I vowed never to get involved with digital crap again, but the Katana suckered me in. :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    It looks like a fairly subtle upgrade to put the V2 features into the HW buttons.

Doesn't make me regret my purchase.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1257
    MIDI on a combo would be nice to have (and I really hope they’ve done that) but I wouldn’t buy a new amp to get it...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    edited January 2018
    Oooh - knobs on the side. Now for me that's a HUGE plus because I have limited space and can stack an amp on top of it!  Now I'm seriously interested!

And they added new three way rotary switch knobs for Cabinet Resonance and Line Out Voice selection
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    Looks like boss it getting into planned obsolescence..... Shame
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11746
    p90fool said:
    I'm thinking I may as well hang on to my 100w Katana now - with the footswitch, cover and expression pedal I spent nearly £450 on it in October, the amp itself is probably only worth a ton now. 

I vowed never to get involved with digital crap again, but the Katana suckered me in. :(
    Well surely it still does whatever you bought it for?  Though I've been keeping up on all the threads :)

I'd personally pay more than a ton for it, if that makes you feel better.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Boss are not happy about the leak! 

They've been chasing this down today and having it removed from sites where possible. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    Ahhhh, I'd assumed Boss leaked it on purpose...look at all the free promo already
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    andyoz said:
    Ahhhh, I'd assumed Boss leaked it on purpose...look at all the free promo already
    Yep. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    andyoz said:
    Yep. 
    Yeah, and they are in a "huff" about it and not generating any more fuss themselves at all..

;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    How did they manage to make it look that ugly? 
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    Looks like boss it getting into planned obsolescence..... Shame

I'm not sure as that looks like it's built for the V2 features which are already on the v1 amps unlike Blackstar who won't let you do a V2 firmware upgrade.
    p90fool said:

Well surely it still does whatever you bought it for?  Though I've been keeping up on all the threads :)

Well I've got mine up for £160, but it's still a great sounding amp even if it doesn't do exactly what I want.

If someone wants to buy it I'll sell it, but quite honestly the amp is probably more use to me than the fuzz box money I'd get for it now.

Just annoyed at myself really, I have an attic with about six grand's worth of digital studio gear at retail prices from 15 years ago, current value about £1.87p, and I always said I'd never go digital again.

Boss seem to be planning obsolescence at a record breaking rate. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    p90fool said:
    p90fool said:

Well I've got mine up for £160, but it's still a great sounding amp even if it doesn't do exactly what I want.

If someone wants to buy it I'll sell it, but quite honestly the amp is probably more use to me than the fuzz box money I'd get for it now.

Just annoyed at myself really, I have an attic with about six grand's worth of digital studio gear at retail prices from 15 years ago, current value about £1.87p, and I always said I'd never go digital again.

It's probably more the other way round, you are used to valve amps that are primitive enough to be timeless and the digital stuff is just like other digital stuff, tellys, phones...

However, as long as it functions the Katana you own will be exactly as good as it is today, the fact a marginally superior model has been released doesn't mean much except for value, and you can't take it with you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Also, it might turn out to be really expensive, the new Air one and the cab both are.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2324
    I think it will be fairly pricey compared to the normal range. 
  • I wonder if they will be releasing any smaller Katanas......
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26929
    p90fool said:
    p90fool said:

It's probably more the other way round, you are used to valve amps that are primitive enough to be timeless and the digital stuff is just like other digital stuff, tellys, phones...

However, as long as it functions the Katana you own will be exactly as good as it is today, the fact a marginally superior model has been released doesn't mean much except for value, and you can't take it with you.
    Exactly. Camera guys do this all the time, constantly jumping on the new gear bandwagon every time a new shiny is released, as if somehow their current Really Good Camera somehow knows it’s no longer the newest model and starts taking less good pictures.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    I'm aware of all that, totally agree with you and am not really that bothered about the financial hit as it's already paid for itself a few times over, but I'm running out of room!