Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Boss Katana Artist leaked....

What's Hot

Comments

• NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    Looks like boss it getting into planned obsolescence..... Shame
    T'was ever so with electronics firms. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • im really happy with my katana i bought 9 months ago so probably not looking to upgrade. but not sure why the anger that they have brought out a newer model.  it seems people get upset if there are improvements and upset if there are none. If what youve got works for you, you are not forced to "upgrade".  do people really buy a £250 box of electonics and worry about resale value in 1-2 or more years time?.seems strange to me, people spend 800 plus on anything apple puts out. I like the look of the new katana but as i said, while mines working i dont need to upgrade. I still have some old valve amps which i may or may not sell at some stage. dont think they are worth much but ive had good use from them and dont worry about resale worth of them.
    obviously, launching a new product is an expensive risk for an amp company. good for boss if they do this. it makes things more interesting and gives consumers a bit more choice. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    p90fool said:
    I'm aware of all that, totally agree with you and am not really that bothered about the financial hit as it's already paid for itself a few times over, but I'm running out of room! 
    Sorry, I can understand your frustration!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • If it's anything like the other "Artist" models it'll be significantly more expensive than the standard model, and continue to run alongside it rather than replace it.

I expect it to be at least £300 more than a standard 100w 1x12

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheGuitarGeekTheGuitarGeek Frets: 9
    edited January 2018
    I made a video about it.

[admin edit]

Great that you've got some views @TheGuitarGeek.  Perhaps you'd like to contribute them to this discussion rather than a dump & run YT link?

Just a guy who loves guitars.
    7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited January 2018
    I made a video about it. 
    I recall you making a useless bit of click bait about the air, which implied that you had one but in fact just waffled for a few minutes regurgitating the same speculation we already had. Good job.

Thanks for joining the forum to let us know though.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326

I'm expecting it to be around £550-600.

im really happy with my katana i bought 9 months ago so probably not looking to upgrade. but not sure why the anger that they have brought out a newer model.  it seems people get upset if there are improvements and upset if there are none. If what youve got works for you, you are not forced to "upgrade".  do people really buy a £250 box of electonics and worry about resale value in 1-2 or more years time?.seems strange to me, people spend 800 plus on anything apple puts out. I like the look of the new katana but as i said, while mines working i dont need to upgrade. I still have some old valve amps which i may or may not sell at some stage. dont think they are worth much but ive had good use from them and dont worry about resale worth of them.
    obviously, launching a new product is an expensive risk for an amp company. good for boss if they do this. it makes things more interesting and gives consumers a bit more choice. 
    What makes life easier for me, is that I suck, so the small percentage improvement in a new model (if there actually is any, nobody has been raving about the V2 Blackstar Cores) would be wasted on me.

To be fair to Boss they put through a fairly significant upgrade with the V2 to existing owners as well.

The strategy seems to have been to put out the first generation Katanas at an exceptionally good price point, then put in a new higher end range.  I bet the Katana artist we see here will retail for £399.
  • maybe they want to gradually improve the percieved value of these amps to bring them closer to their WAZA range.
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 877
    edited January 2018
    I made a video about it. 
    I recall you making a useless bit of click bait about the air, which implied that you had one but in fact just waffled for a few minutes regurgitating the same speculation we already had. Good job.

Welcome to the forum!
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited January 2018
    I made a video about it. 

Welcome to the forum!
    I wouldn't worry...he logged on once to spam and hasn't been back. A "professional" YouTube type obviously. Perhaps if you pay him to wildly guess about some other new stuff he might return

• completely pointless useless video. the trouble with public access to the internet
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Ironically I actually asked once why we didn't have more of the Youtubers as members, and now I know! :lol:

I have a working theory that if I mention Mary Spender enough she will join, if for not other reason than to talk to me ;)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Ironically I actually asked once why we didn't have more of the Youtubers as members, and now I know! :lol:

I have a working theory that if I mention Mary Spender enough she will join, if for not other reason than to talk to me ;)
    She’s more likely to call the police if she reads your threads.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2018
    dindude said:
    Ironically I actually asked once why we didn't have more of the Youtubers as members, and now I know! lol

I have a working theory that if I mention Mary Spender enough she will join, if for not other reason than to talk to me
    Depends if she gets ironic running gags or not I guess, not everyone does... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    p90fool said:
    p90fool said:
    I'm thinking I may as well hang on to my 100w Katana now - with the footswitch, cover and expression pedal I spent nearly £450 on it in October, the amp itself is probably only worth a ton now. 

I vowed never to get involved with digital crap again, but the Katana suckered me in. :(
    Well surely it still does whatever you bought it for?  Though I've been keeping up on all the threads :)

I'd personally pay more than a ton for it, if that makes you feel better.
    Well I've got mine up for £160, but it's still a great sounding amp even if it doesn't do exactly what I want.

If someone wants to buy it I'll sell it, but quite honestly the amp is probably more use to me than the fuzz box money I'd get for it now.

Just annoyed at myself really, I have an attic with about six grand's worth of digital studio gear at retail prices from 15 years ago, current value about £1.87p, and I always said I'd never go digital again.

Boss seem to be planning obsolescence at a record breaking rate. 
    It's probably more the other way round, you are used to valve amps that are primitive enough to be timeless and the digital stuff is just like other digital stuff, tellys, phones...

However, as long as it functions the Katana you own will be exactly as good as it is today, the fact a marginally superior model has been released doesn't mean much except for value, and you can't take it with you.
    And sometimes the original can still end up being the best. My 'Blue' Valvetronix AD120VTX that I bought in 2004 is, on paper, completely out of date with old modelling and (by modern day standards) a limited range of FX. But you know what? It may be worth bugger all now but It's still the best sounding, most valve-like, and most gig friendly production Valvetronix they ever made, and ditto the original Tonelab SE and LE. All the modelling stuff Vox made after these were just mass market bedroom toys in comparison.  so hang on to your Mk1 Kartanas...they might end up as classics in a few years! 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    dindude said:
    Ironically I actually asked once why we didn't have more of the Youtubers as members, and now I know! lol

I have a working theory that if I mention Mary Spender enough she will join, if for not other reason than to talk to me
    In my experience,  Women generally don't get what Men are on about.
    The better looking they are and the more popular they are, the less they have to care what you're on about. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Alnico said:
    dindude said:

In my experience,  Women generally don't get what Men are on about.
    The better looking they are and the more popular they are, the less they have to care what you're on about. 
    To be fair, I haven't actually said anything except I think shes talented and a bit foxy, in the round.

I suspect when she googles her name she finds far, far worse than anything anyone has said positive or negative about her on the Fretboard!
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326

Still good value, but I'll be keeping my Katana 100 1x12 which was less than £250!

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/boss-katana-artist-100-watt-combo-amplifier