Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NBD: New Baby Day

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Congratulations, although Christmas will become expensive ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1468
    Fretwired said:
    Congratulations, although Christmas will become expensive ... :-)
    That's what he thinks ;) 

At least we'll never forget his birthday. 
  • Congratulations!
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15924
    :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    joneve said:
    LuttiS said:
    joneve said:
    I already sold all of my gear (except for my strat and Taylor) years ago :( 

he was 8lbs 3oz at birth, then lost a fuckload of weight :( - 13.5% so we had to be re-admitted for two days, which was pretty horrible/draining, but then he gained over a 1lb in 4 days and went up to 8lbz 9oz by the time he was re-weighed just after he was a week old and he's doing fine now. Just eats ALL THE FUCKING TIME. so my wife feels like he's permanently attached. Takes after his dad it seems. 
    Congrats, bet your well chuffed! 

Same thing happened to me, was re-admitted due to weight loss had to force feed formula to our daughter in addition to tittays!
    Wasn't great since turned out she's allergic to milk..

All the best, remember that even though as the dad you are always wrong, and "had it easy" during birth etc, you still deserve you time :)
    Yea, same situation, except he drinks formula just fine, which was a bonus in the first week or two. But the first 24-36 hours we were instructed to cup feed which is a right fucking ball ache as each feed was taking at least 2 hours as it was boob, then my wife expressed whilst I cup fed...and we had to repeat every 3 hours, so we had absolutely NO sleep for over 2 days. Ended up getting my wife upset as a.) she didn't want to be there and b.) we were getting mixed input from the midwives (aka - cup feed and don't teat feed so there's no nipple confusion and then from another one "teat is fine as you're using a nipple shield anyway (as he was struggling to latch on)"

fortunately the last day we had the absolute BEST midwife and she basically said "just use a teat, it's unlikely to make a difference and the chances are high that he'll still go back and latch on properly once he's a bit bigger and the main thing is he's getting plenty of food in him" 

We're almost exclusively back on the bewb now as we got milk up the ying yang, just got to work on getting him to latch on with out a shield 100% of the time to make life as easy as possible. 
    ahhh i'd forgotten about cup feeds.. proper ball ache, need a change of clothes after every sip :/
    LuttiS said:
    joneve said:
    LuttiS said:
    joneve said:
    I already sold all of my gear (except for my strat and Taylor) years ago :( 

he was 8lbs 3oz at birth, then lost a fuckload of weight :( - 13.5% so we had to be re-admitted for two days, which was pretty horrible/draining, but then he gained over a 1lb in 4 days and went up to 8lbz 9oz by the time he was re-weighed just after he was a week old and he's doing fine now. Just eats ALL THE FUCKING TIME. so my wife feels like he's permanently attached. Takes after his dad it seems. 
    Congrats, bet your well chuffed! 

Same thing happened to me, was re-admitted due to weight loss had to force feed formula to our daughter in addition to tittays!
    Wasn't great since turned out she's allergic to milk..

All the best, remember that even though as the dad you are always wrong, and "had it easy" during birth etc, you still deserve you time :)
    Yea, same situation, except he drinks formula just fine, which was a bonus in the first week or two. But the first 24-36 hours we were instructed to cup feed which is a right fucking ball ache as each feed was taking at least 2 hours as it was boob, then my wife expressed whilst I cup fed...and we had to repeat every 3 hours, so we had absolutely NO sleep for over 2 days. Ended up getting my wife upset as a.) she didn't want to be there and b.) we were getting mixed input from the midwives (aka - cup feed and don't teat feed so there's no nipple confusion and then from another one "teat is fine as you're using a nipple shield anyway (as he was struggling to latch on)"

fortunately the last day we had the absolute BEST midwife and she basically said "just use a teat, it's unlikely to make a difference and the chances are high that he'll still go back and latch on properly once he's a bit bigger and the main thing is he's getting plenty of food in him" 

We're almost exclusively back on the bewb now as we got milk up the ying yang, just got to work on getting him to latch on with out a shield 100% of the time to make life as easy as possible. 
    ahhh i'd forgotten about cup feeds.. proper ball ache, need a change of clothes after every sip :/
    Yup. once we started using the screw on use-once teats on top of the mini bottles of formula it was much better. 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10229
    Huge congratulations.

Baby's are awesome.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    Congratulations to you and your other half on the arrival of the stork.

He would be old enough for you to take him to is first NFL game in London this autumn!!!  :)
    rocktron said:
    Congratulations to you and your other half on the arrival of the stork.

He would be old enough for you to take him to is first NFL game in London this autumn!!!  :)
    That's if I can get tickets! the Seattle/Oakland game is going to be the most in demand I think! I already know of 200+ people from Seattle who are booked to come over and will be trying to get tickets! 
  • Congratulations 
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • jrc2806jrc2806 Frets: 64
    Congratulations!

Have two little girls. The eldest starts school this year and when visiting one I spied the music room. I asked if she would like to learn an instrument - "piano" she replied. "What was that" I replied - "a guitar....good choice!" Not that I am a pushy parent or anything!........

Best of luck!
  • Still posting every time you do it with a lady @joneve ?  Old habits die hard, eh? :)

Congratulations!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Congratulations!
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    munckee said:
    Top news well done all.

Have you not broken christmas lore though by not naming him nicholas, or jesus or wenceslas etc because of the Christmas day birth
    Should have called him Chris , short for Christmas with that surname and birthday :)

many congratulations, lovely photo
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902
    I was wondering where you'd got to, Jon - many congratulations and best wishes to you all.

Awesome name, too!

• joneve said:
    Hudson Leonard Charles Eve arrived at 3:28am on Christmas Day 
    Congrats. 

Hudson is a cool name.  For a boy born on Christmas day it would have been pretty outlandish to name him Jesus.  Not after the son of the god, but the guy from The Big Lebowski. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    A day earlier, and you could have called him Christmas Eve...
    Never mind.. congratulations. He’s awesome!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    many congrats mate  =)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Congratulations to you both. 
  • BowksBowks Frets: 413
    scrumhalf said:
    Congratulations.

Better get that birth guitar for him now before they get to be "vintage".
    Agreed! I made that top of the priority list with mine