Ibanez Edge - FU tone parts (brass blocks etc)

What's Hot
Has anyone here tried out FU tone parts? 

I'm considering modding my Ibby to dive only - initially with a Tremol-no but now i've switched ideas to a FU-Tone trem blocker. At the same time i'm considering adding a brass block to the trem. Most people seem to state it is worth while, i'm still not sure if it's worth the cash.

What are your through - to big block or not?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited January 2018
    I have one of those trem blockers on my floydy guitar, does exactly what is sposed to do. Essential if you want to use a dTuna.

cant comment on a big block tho’
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
    Thanks for the help @poopot ;
    edited April 2018
    Still not done any mods. Are there any other suggestions out there on the best way to make an Edge dive only?
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Easiest way is to tape a wooden block in the trem cavity so that the trem is pushing hard against it 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited March 2018
    I use a 50pence piece. I have one of the flat side against the block and secured in the trem cavity. Drill two holes in it (fasten it down somehow or it'll start spinning round when the drill grabs)and secure in the cavity with two scratchplate screws. Total cost 50pence. I've done a friend' Ibanez in a similar fashion using a block of oak cut to fit under the springs,again secured with two screws. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Any more opinions on these sort of blocks?