Valve Prices

What's Hot
keithfkeithf Frets: 371
guys,could someone give me an approximate value on these valves,
they're n.o.s.I've had both pairs since the early or mid nineties but i think the mazda's are late 70's or eighties.
both pairs are el34's.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    edited March 2014

The Mazda's are pretty certainly late 70's early eighties RFT's made in East Germany.  Very good valves, sonically and mechanically. 

The Marshall's look like they are Russian and probably Svetlana ... Winged C.  

Value will depend on whether you can get them tested.  Selling untested NOS or Used OS valves as "they were all right the last time I used them" really doesn't do much for their value.

Tested at 100% emission RFT's will get £20-30 each (though if labelled Telefunken, more!!)

• keithfkeithf Frets: 371
    i could prob just drop the 4 into my peavey to see if they work i think.they should as they've never been plugged in and always kept in a dry cupboard
    You could, but you'd want to get the biased checked fairly quickly.  My experience with RFT's is that they are strong valves like old Mullards, they are likely to bias at a different point to the more recent Marshall's.  Make sure you put them in as "pairs" i.e. two RFT in 1 and 2 and the Marshalls in 3 and 4 or vice versa.
    would you know where i could get them checked more safely?

Any amp tech will be able to check them in the Peavey and let you know if they match well enough as a quad to use without putting undue strain on the amp or the valves.  Getting them individually tested is not so easy unless you know someone with a valve tester and even then you should still get the bias checked at operating voltages in the amp. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    excellent,thanks for the advice fella.
    ok,these have now been tested,so if anyone fancies them let me know !

• karltonekarltone Frets: 44
    The Marshall ones are Winged C's judging from the pic.
    www.karltone.co.uk    Dealer in Valves and bits and bobs   www.facebook.com/karltonevalves