Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Begrudgingly admitting something...

What's Hot
How does one go about maintaining one's dignity, when admitting that @mikeyrob73 ; was in fact right about Teles? 

I quite like my new cheap toy, and it's better than every strat I've ever tried and it's only a Vintage v52. 

I am really tempted to get a proper Tele...

Oh and Mike, if you do read this, you're not allowed to say anything! 

Bastard

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5466
    Comes to us all dear boy, comes to us all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Never! Strats are still better!

But I do like my modded MIM Tele.
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Has to be done...
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited January 2018
    I still can't believe they can sell something this good for not much more than £200! In fact I bought it in the eBay20% window at Xmas so it was £190. I wouldn't change a thing. The pickups sound brilliant, it stays in tune and is lovely to play after a setup. It has one or two tiny finish blemishes. That's all I can fault.

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Hope you've got the ripped jeans and headband to finish the look?
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    edited January 2018 tFB Trader
    its funny i wasnt bothered either then i played a vintage one and the neck was great, still didn't get one or make one 

I recently got asked to paint a guitarbuild 1 piece ash body and now I'm bloody hooked so now organising making a vintage style one piece neck, the aged ones look great to me

The body was a really good one piece ash one, it's not even worth making one for what they cost to buy, never thought that would happen

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • All Guitars are equal, it's just that some are more equal than others.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Never! Strats are still better!

I've given up on strats. I've tried loads, owned a few and they've all been gash. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    Never! Strats are still better!

I've given up on strats. I've tried loads, owned a few and they've all been gash. 
    I really like the strat neck pickup, tele bridge and strat neck would be my ideal one, preferably on a les paul dc junior body 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4668
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3620
    Never! Strats are still better!

Yes I can see how something that feels like a plank with no comfort contouring, has one less pick up and no trem could be superior to a Strat.  ;)
  • I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again; the only thing better than a Telecaster is two Telecasters. 

The realisation will come to every guitarist sooner or later. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Comfort contours?! I play Les Paul's! A Tele is hardly uncomfortable. 

Seriously though, I don't know what it is, I just don't get on with them. Don't particularly like trem systems, don't like the layout and don't seem to be able to get a pleasing sound out of them. 

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4668
    there is just something about a Tele that is just right, i was the same @Legionreturns ;
    Tele's are for 2 types of music , Country and Western, but then i got mine and there is something just RIGHT about them 
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    I've never associated the Tele with C&W just with real guitar players and real men, Keith Richards,  Mick Green,  Wilko Johnson, Bill Carter, it's good for fast/shredding too - Roy Buchanan, John 5, Prince.  A telecaster through a JCM 800 is the sound of rock!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Comfort contours?! I play Les Paul's! A Tele is hardly uncomfortable. 

Seriously though, I don't know what it is, I just don't get on with them. Don't particularly like trem systems, don't like the layout and don't seem to be able to get a pleasing sound out of them. 

I set the trems up flush 99% of the time, and the beauty of the scratchplate setup is you can do what you want.

I've got a bunch of different plates for mine, most of the time I use a single H or H/S/S guard both with the volume pots moved a bit out of the way.

In terms of sound you might prefer a hotter bridge pickup.  Generally Teles have a bit more beef at the bridge, it might be you've not tried something comparable in a strat yet.  

You can wire a strat to do neck and bridge together and get pseudo tele tones, as well as all the strat tones, in one guitar.

To me Strats are the real swiss army knife guitars.  Though I own both, and actually play my Tele more at the minute but that's partly because I got an evertune bridge installed on it recently which I personally love.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12335
    Comfort contours?! I play Les Paul's! A Tele is hardly uncomfortable. 

I play the strat in a totally different looser style is the only way I can describe it, and play a strat mostly clean.  I do prefer the tele but couldn't not have either.  
  • Neill said:
    I've never associated the Tele with C&W just with real guitar players and real men, Keith Richards,  Mick Green,  Wilko Johnson, Bill Carter, it's good for fast/shredding too - Roy Buchanan, John 5, Prince.  A telecaster through a JCM 800 is the sound of rock!
    Don't forget Jimmy Page! 

I've come to love telecasters. I play an Esquire, but am building a deluxe and a Cabronita. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    How do these Vintage ones compare to Squier (affinity or CV)?
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Its nothing to be ashamed of its not like you are liking PRS or anything,  LOL

Thats the thing there are times in my head I think a Tele is the only guitar you need in the world, there is an efficacy to the design and the tone., a good Tele is an easy thing to fit in any mix. They can cover a hell of a lot of blues, rock, country etc.

Then I get distracted by all the other shiny toys and the honest working mans axe disappear from my mind.