SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Ovation Balladeer - 1975 - £400

So ive had this sitting around for a while waiting to find time to either fix a few issues it has myself or take it out to get quotes to have it restored before selling it on,as i know people have there own "go to guy" for these kind of things i think its time to move it on  and let who ever buys her get there own ppl to do the work...

Ovation Balladeer 1112-4 serial of 049234 dates it to 1975 

Album LINK just ask if you want more pics or have ?'s

Over all she in pretty good shape for a 42 year old acoustic but a few things that need looking at are as follows (see above link for pics)

She has a few lacquer cracks,two on the front (must be just in the lacquer as i can't feel any trace of them on the inside the top)and one on the rear of the neck behind the nut,from my reading it seems these kind of cracks are very common on Ovations of this age due to the type of hard but brittle finish which was used during their production.

Frets 10,12 & 13 are quite worn on the high E side (looks like someone had a problem tracking down some fret buzz!) 

Rossetti has come away from the body and is missing it's inlay (not sure if these were inlay-ed or painted ?)

ive been given value quote's that range from £300 to £500,so im gonna slap this in the middle at £400,if you think that's crazy high let me know,also if its crazy low let me know ;)

it really is a nice guitar and has that ovation sound %100,im just not much of an acoustic player so id rather see it go to someone who is than just have it hanging on the wall looking cool

Laters
Gizmo  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom