eBay Content: Now's your chance...

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2411
    Wonder what the reserve price is.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72256
    The description is funny - the "technicians" who supposedly "appraised" it need to go back to school... almost everything in the description is wrong.

It could possibly be an original body and neck under all that though, and a few other parts are right.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    “...I sought advice at certain web forums...”

But not thefretboard.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
    Something wrong about the knobs for a start...
  • Price doesn't include a case or a strap, I'm out.
    How very rock and roll
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3389
    Wait. It's been taken apart and re-assembled. And not by Fender. Therefore I say its a fake.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    edited January 2018
    Love that authentic 1963 plastic insulation on the pickup output conductor wires.

MIM-type cast saddles.

Pickguard has the correct number of fastening screw holes - not necessarily in the correct positions. The countersinking around the pickup height adjustment screws has mysteriously filled itself back in. Self-adhesive shielding foil rather than those pesky metal screening plates. Ho, hum.

Paint dents and cracks like poly rather than nitro-cellulose. 

Somebody ought to contact the guitar tech named in the eBay item description and ask whether he knows that his name has been used in this manner.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72256
    Love that authentic 1963 plastic insulation on the pickup output conductor wires.

MIM-type cast saddles.

Pickguard has the correct number of fastening screw holes - not necessarily in the correct positions. The countersinking around the pickup height adjustment screws has mysteriously filled itself back in. Self-adhesive shielding foil rather than those pesky metal screening plates. Ho, hum.

Paint dents and cracks like poly rather than nitro-cellulose. 

Somebody ought to contact the guitar tech named in the eBay item description and ask whether he knows that his name has been used in this manner.
    I love the description of things like the blatantly wrong strap buttons, pots and the machineheads which have mysteriously lost their Kluson Deluxe lettering as 'original'.

I think the shielding plate may be right though - and has a hole which doesn't correspond to the guard, so it now has an extra hole in it as well - but the pickguard is also obviously totally the wrong material and colour. And the switch should *not* have 'in-between' positions - unless it's been modded, which is difficult.

He does admit it's a refinish.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• blobbblobb Frets: 2932
    There's no way that's an original Les Paul, they only had 4 strings. Fact.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28035
    Thanks for the heads-up - £55k bid. :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."