For the millionth time (probably) - Changing a Battery in a 2014/15 Retina Display MacBook Bro

What's Hot
jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
@Danny1969 or others, is it easy/doable to change the battery in a MacBook Pro circa 2014/early 2015? 

With the old MacBooks there was a dedicated battery that just popped out, but I assume it's just a case of unscrewing the case, and swapping out? How much am I looking at for a replacement battery? 

I think the one in mine is finally giving up the ghost (only have spotify running and it's gone down from 32% to 28% in the last 5 minutes). 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10404
    That's a glued in battery mate. Not an easy job. 
    If you do it yourself don't use anything metal or conductive to pry under the battery as it can catch fire very quickly if pieced. Try not to bend the battery as that's bad as well. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    Danny1969 said:
    That's a glued in battery mate. Not an easy job. 
    If you do it yourself don't use anything metal or conductive to pry under the battery as it can catch fire very quickly if pieced. Try not to bend the battery as that's bad as well. 
    FFS. of course they've made it as difficult as possible. Am I best to go to an Apple Store or 3rd party computer technician with experience to do it. or is it basically not very possible at all? if not, I'll have to tell work that they'll need to buy me a new one :) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom