Line 6 Helix HX effects unit leaked....

What's Hot

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    And they’re not even fucking paying me for it!! 
    Me neither, brother. Does this rehearsal imply that you're not at NAMM this year?
    I can confirm I am also not being paid :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Didn't you leave Yamaha? In which case I sort of get their POV, I mean it doesn't seem unreasonable not to pay former employees ;)
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Pfft I'm not getting paid, AND I'll answer everyone's questions on Wednesday!!

(Disclaimer - I have no knowledge of new L6 products. All answers will fictional at best, with the aim to cause as much argument amongst online guitar forums)
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Didn't you leave Yamaha? In which case I sort of get their POV, I mean it doesn't seem unreasonable not to pay former employees ;)
    You never actually ‘leave’ Line6... ;-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537

Just to add to the pointless speculation. Price will be right I'm sure considering an M9 will still cost you £320 new.

I'd be very interested if it's as intuitive to use as the Helix looks (a huge part of the Helix appeal)  - without the big screen I wonder how they get around this, effective use of the scribble strips or maybe IOS control like on the H9.

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2440
    Me neither, brother. Does this rehearsal imply that you're not at NAMM this year?
    Never been. I'll be sat at home in my underpants once more. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

True. I am now the budget Paul Hindmarsh. I just do it for the love of the game. 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    sgosden said:
    Pfft I'm not getting paid, AND I'll answer everyone's questions on Wednesday!!

(Disclaimer - I have no knowledge of new L6 products. All answers will fictional at best, with the aim to cause as much argument amongst online guitar forums)

@Bowks is this chap covering your paternity leave?

#askBowks #acceptnosubstitutes

• dindude said:

I'd be very interested if it's as intuitive to use as the Helix looks (a huge part of the Helix appeal)  - without the big screen I wonder how they get around this, effective use of the scribble strips or maybe IOS control like on the H9.

By definition it can't be as fast and easy as Helix, but we added a lot of (would be) clever bits to get as much speed/mileage out of the UI/UX as possible. A small footprint was really important, which precludes huge color LCDs and a dozen knobs.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited January 2018

OK so now we know there is a HX Effects unit on the way, how does the impending Helix 2.50 update tie in with this in mind?

Is it a predominantly effects based update to give a fresh set of models to the effects section and kick start the launch of new HX Effects only unit? Or could the new HX Effects have some unique effects that are not in the Helix? or the other way around? which would be controversial...  

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    edited January 2018

OK so now we know there is a HX Effects unit on the way, how does the impending Helix 2.50 update tie in with this in mind?

Is it a predominantly effects based update to give a fresh set of models to the effects section and kick start the launch of new HX Effects only unit? Or could the new HX Effects have some unique effects that are not in the Helix? or the other way around? which would be controversial...  

That would be controversial indeed since it would leave the 'flagship' model with a reduced feature set, with little likelihood of Helix owners buying the HXFX too. That would seem an odd move for Line6, so seems doubtful but you never know
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    edited January 2018

That would be controversial indeed since it would leave the 'flagship' model with a reduced feature set, with little likelihood of Helix owners buying the HXFX too. That would seem an odd move for Line6, so seems doubtful but you never know

Massively doubt they'd go down this route, especially since the plugin already exists and ties in so much with the existing Helix hardware.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2324

It'd be nice to see a stripped down version of the amps sims but I doubt it'll happen.

I think in the next 5 years or so, when I have more time and more space, I'd invest in a home recording setup and whatever the current Helix type kit is, I'll opt for it.

I was certainly massively impressed with the build quality of the Helix, I would have just liked less focus on tradtional rock/metal tones, and more clean/mid overdrive stuff with loads of reverb and delay options. As it is, the Katana 1x12 Brown channel does the heavier stuff pretty damn well!

• OK so now we know there is a HX Effects unit on the way, how does the impending Helix 2.50 update tie in with this in mind?

The goal will be to add the same effects models to all Helix/HX products simultaneously.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938

The goal will be to add the same effects models to all Helix/HX products simultaneously.
    You took the bait and answered... =)

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7393
    There's a chap on FB claiming to know that the HX Effects unit includes all the M9 sounds... 
    Red ones are better. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:
    There's a chap on FB claiming to know that the HX Effects unit includes all the M9 sounds... 
    if it’s on the internet it must be true. Just curious, would this be a good thing? 

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    It was a translation of a polish advert that had been released I think
  • Should be officially announced today I believe and hopefully the new helix firmware too. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Should be officially announced today I believe and hopefully the new helix firmware too. 
    I'm really intrigued by the new firmware. Looking forward to hearing what this controversial change is going to be!