Line 6 Helix HX effects unit leaked....

What's Hot

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    StefB said:
    £449 at GuitarGuitar, total steal in my opinion - https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180122321373008--line-6-helix-effects
    Woof. Nice. I'm guessing that'll be the street price generally then.

When is it out? Anyone know?

In one of the vids they said shipping straight away in North America and mid-Feb in Europe
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2324
    Guitarguitar probably know the street price so will get the early orders.

Even with products that are similar prices everywhere, I’ve found Andertons to be expensive since they completely overhauled their YouTube and website. Guess they are relying on people to trust them. But shifting boxes is the same anywhere; go to the cheapest place! 

Off topic, but what do they do with all the demoed gear at Andertons?! I mean, messing around with an expensive guitar means really it’s now been used for them to advertise. Surely it needs to be labelled ex demo.

£449 is a good price. Think I’m in!
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    That is a great price. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• But shifting boxes is the same anywhere; go to the cheapest place! 

There's very little to be gained from doing anything else when you're buying something like this.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Off topic, but what do they do with all the demoed gear at Andertons?! I mean, messing around with an expensive guitar means really it’s now been used for them to advertise. Surely it needs to be labelled ex demo.
    Believe it or not, there are a fair number of people who would be willing to pay more because Lee or Rob have played it on a video.

Whether that's a good thing or not is entirely in the eye of the beholder, but it does sort of point to the success of their channel.
    <space for hire>
  • Gear for music have it at £540

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

Off topic, but what do they do with all the demoed gear at Andertons?! I mean, messing around with an expensive guitar means really it’s now been used for them to advertise. Surely it needs to be labelled ex demo.
    Believe it or not, there are a fair number of people who would be willing to pay more because Lee or Rob have played it on a video.

Whether that's a good thing or not is entirely in the eye of the beholder, but it does sort of point to the success of their channel.
    I imagine Lee or rob playing them for an hour in a video, isn't as much handling as they'd get on the wall in the shop. surely isn't everything on the wall there for demo?
  • If you trust one more than another, ask to price match, no?!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28031
    Question helix users, I'm very Interested in this. One of my amps, orange th30 has a clean channel that for me always breaks up too early. Are there any effects in this that could double as a sort of clean preamp that I could use in four cable method?
    In theory at least, you could put the preamp section of your amp in to one of the loops on the HXFX (loop send to amp input, effects loop send to loop return on the HXFX, then HXFX output to the amp's loop return), then bypass the loop for your clean sounds. You'd probably need some sort of EQ or preamp model in place of the amp- Helix doesn't have anything like it at the moment AFAIK, but there's a studio preamp model on the M-series effects that should be on the HXFX.
    Would the Tube preamp suffice?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."

Anyone have any experience of what an IR from a pre-amp would sound like? As it isn't go through any power stage or simulated power stage, would it not sound a bit cack?

• SporkySporky Frets: 28031
    Pre-Helix I always used pedal dirt into clean amps, so for me having IRs but not amp models wouldn't cause a problem even now I use monitors.

Actually, I'll check that... but I reckon pedal dirt into an IR would work for me.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Hhhhmm, only issue for me know is that by the time I build a second board around the HX, with expression, an analogue drive pedal, power etc, it's as big as a Helix LT and £100+ more. Oops! Would probably make me happier though as I still get to build a board.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    dindude said:
    Hhhhmm, only issue for me know is that by the time I build a second board around the HX, with expression, an analogue drive pedal, power etc, it's as big as a Helix LT and £100+ more. Oops! Would probably make me happier though as I still get to build a board.
    Why an analogue drive pedal?
  • Sporky said:
    Question helix users, I'm very Interested in this. One of my amps, orange th30 has a clean channel that for me always breaks up too early. Are there any effects in this that could double as a sort of clean preamp that I could use in four cable method?
    In theory at least, you could put the preamp section of your amp in to one of the loops on the HXFX (loop send to amp input, effects loop send to loop return on the HXFX, then HXFX output to the amp's loop return), then bypass the loop for your clean sounds. You'd probably need some sort of EQ or preamp model in place of the amp- Helix doesn't have anything like it at the moment AFAIK, but there's a studio preamp model on the M-series effects that should be on the HXFX.
    I hoped this would be the case.
    Struggling to see a downside at the price.
    The power seems a bit odd though.
    2amps at 9 volts and did i read it's not 2.1mm either. Anyone seen any more info on power?
    John_A said:
    dindude said:
    Unless the drives sound considerably better than the clips I've heard...
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    dindude said:
    John_A said:
    dindude said:
    Unless the drives sound considerably better than the clips I've heard...
    I've ditched all my drive pedals, the Helix ones are great
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Manual is up on the Line 6 website.

https://line6.com/support/manuals/hxeffects

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5132
    edited January 2018
    Sporky said:
    If it's on the HXFX. I haven't seen a full list yet of what it'll have. EDIT- I have now. It's not. Presumably it's considered an amp model.

I don't suppose this was quite how Line 6 intended people to use this unit, so it might be a bit trial and error to get a really good sound from it.

Sporky said:
    I hoped this would be the case.
    Struggling to see a downside at the price.
    The power seems a bit odd though.
    2amps at 9 volts and did i read it's not 2.1mm either. Anyone seen any more info on power?

Yes power could be an issue. Wouldn't be nice if they had put on a 9v outlet or two for use with external pedals so that you could use the supplied power supply.
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    edited January 2018
    For those that wanted just one or two amp models perhaps the option of getting a couple of those new little mooer preamps and using them in the fx loops could work well? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom