Line 6 Helix HX effects unit leaked....

What's Hot

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Cabicular said:
    It’s still missing a MIAB HX drive pedal model.
    The BE may get you there
    Thought that was an amp model?
    It is
    i got confused about which thread I was on :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Question helix users, I'm very Interested in this. One of my amps, orange th30 has a clean channel that for me always breaks up too early....
    Really?! Are you in Disaster Area? I tried to get my TH30 clean channel to break up once and now my house is at the bottom of the garden.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looking at the sweetwater vid...this looks really nice. For my simple needs the way the various functions are displayed in the scribble strip screens as you edit them actually makes it look like it would be easier to edit than the LT I had. No joy stick to accidentally hit! Yay! And because the amp modelling isn't there I wouldn't be tempted to disappear down that particular rabbit hole. I know it seems mad to say that having less functionality would make something better but for me I think it really would...
    Interested.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Is it really £540?! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Is it really £540?! 
    See earlier on
    unlikely that will be the street price
  • gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
    edited January 2018
    Cabicular said:
    Is it really £540?! 
    See earlier on
    unlikely that will be the street price
    Still cheaper than an H9 Max
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    I seriously doubt that it would be even in the same ballpark sonically as the H9 tbh but if they can do it for £450 I think Line 6 could have a hit on their hands
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9528
    Question helix users, I'm very Interested in this. One of my amps, orange th30 has a clean channel that for me always breaks up too early....
    Really?! Are you in Disaster Area? I tried to get my TH30 clean channel to break up once and now my house is at the bottom of the garden.
    @gearaddict - I did genuinely laugh at that mate. Brilliant
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepy said:
    I seriously doubt that it would be even in the same ballpark sonically as the H9 tbh but if they can do it for £450 I think Line 6 could have a hit on their hands
    They are different animals.
    Based on owning a helix and a h9 I would say the h9 can do everything the helix can, singular effect for singular effect. Obviously being able to engage 8 effects at once is something the h9 can't do.
    However the h9 has a wealth of patches/algorithms the helix simply doesn't have. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Question helix users, I'm very Interested in this. One of my amps, orange th30 has a clean channel that for me always breaks up too early....
    Ha, well I suppose I should have clarified I meant sparkly cleans! It is damned loud.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    sweepy said:
    Based on owning a helix and a h9 I would say the h9 can do everything the helix can, singular effect for singular effect. Obviously being able to engage 8 effects at once is something the h9 can't do.
    However the h9 has a wealth of patches/algorithms the helix simply doesn't have. 
    See, what you want to do is stick an H9 in the loop of the HXFX, control it via midi, use the pre/post routing and you have an fx behemoth. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    sweepy said:
    This does way more than a H9 and the H9 is £600. The format with 6 switched, and the way it integrates with an amp means one of these and an amp is your complete rig.  For those who insist on a 'real' amp it looks great
  • Question helix users, I'm very Interested in this. One of my amps, orange th30 has a clean channel that for me always breaks up too early. Are there any effects in this that could double as a sort of clean preamp that I could use in four cable method?
    In theory at least, you could put the preamp section of your amp in to one of the loops on the HXFX (loop send to amp input, effects loop send to loop return on the HXFX, then HXFX output to the amp's loop return), then bypass the loop for your clean sounds. You'd probably need some sort of EQ or preamp model in place of the amp- Helix doesn't have anything like it at the moment AFAIK, but there's a studio preamp model on the M-series effects that should be on the HXFX.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• StefBStefB Frets: 2353
    £449 at GuitarGuitar, total steal in my opinion - https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180122321373008--line-6-helix-effects
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefB said:
    £449 at GuitarGuitar, total steal in my opinion - https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180122321373008--line-6-helix-effects
    Yeah, that's much more like it.
    <space for hire>
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    StefB said:
    That's cheap if you ask me :)  If only it could run an amp block, it's the perfect size.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    StefB said:
    Yeah, that's much more like it.
    I like the ‘was £540, SAVE MONEY NOW!’ when it’s never even been on sale :lol: 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It should be the new industry standard I reckon. Smart move on Line6’s behalf. It’ll be interesting to see what PCs up on the classifieds now! Great time to be a buyer!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • StefB said:
    Woof. Nice. I'm guessing that'll be the street price generally then.

When is it out? Anyone know?
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I'm gonna get one for sure...