SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Marshall Lead 20

What's Hot
Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3019
edited April 2018 in Amps £

I’ve decided to let my lovely little Marshall Lead 20 combo go.  This is the slightly bigger brother to much loved Lead 12 solid state amp. It can go quite a bit louder and has more balls than the Lead 12 and can keep up with a drummer at light jam sessions, unlike its younger sibling. I think it has the same basic preamp as the Lead 12 but has a slightly bigger cab, a bigger transformer and a much better Celestion g10-35 speaker.

From the serial number I think it’s from 1985. The grill cloth has faded to brown as they do, a few scuffs and marks and it’s missing it’s 4 rubber feet Other than that it’s in decent working condition for its age. It was checked over last year by my local amp tech (Henk Phillipson) and given a clean bill of health.

A bit hard to judge how much to ask for this rather uncommon wee beasty, but from the few eBay sales I’ve seen I think £120 posted with PP gift seems about right. Of course, if I’m way off, let me know.

As for trades, I don’t NEED anything in particular but feel free to make offers. All I know is that I don’t need another amp (I think 9 is probably enough!)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump.
  • Bump!

Totally forgot about this.  I have found some suitable rubber feet for it now as well.

Im still open to offers.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5019
    Does it have reverb? I can’t read the control panel as the pic is out of focus!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Does it have reverb? I can’t read the control panel as the pic is out of focus!
    no. 5 knobs would be gain, vol, bass, mid , treble

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Great little amps these. My first proper amp.
  • Sorry, I'm not exactly David Bailey!  No reverb on it just gain ,vol ,TMB as @FelineGuitars suggested.

Im in no great rush to sell this really but I think Mrs Fred would appreciate the space and banking a few brownie points is never a bad policy  :)
  • SOLD

Via eBay for £112