Gilmour Electric Mistress Question

What's Hot
kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
Is it possible to recreate Gilmour's electric mistress sound using a combination of chorus, phaser and flanger pedals? I don't have room on my board for an actual electric mistress and was hoping a combination of these pedals would do the job.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    The Electric Mistress Gilmour used was just the straight flanger version. Not sure the later models with chorus etc are the same sort of sound. Mooer do the mini ElecLady, would that fit on your board?
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30900
    ELady is very close, less is more- only a Reticon voiced mod pedal has the right tone. What you really want is the V5 Green Script Mistress (78-9)

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Thanks for the replies, unfortunately I have no excess space available on my board due to all the power outlets being used
  • What flanger do you have?

For gilmour I personally feel 95% of his sound is from the way he plays. Lovely sparkly amps also help
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    What flanger do you have?

For gilmour I personally feel 95% of his sound is from the way he plays. Lovely sparkly amps also help
    Yep, I'd agree. I've got a Joyo Flanger that I believe is a clone of the Ibanez Flanger and that can do some Gilmourish Flanger tones. Also look here http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=4554 for more info.
  • How close do you need to be?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • As above the elec lady from mooer would be a perfect replacement. Would free up a little space on your board too