Running a wireless system and pedals from one power supply.

What's Hot
nick79nick79 Frets: 252
Up to now i've been using a cheap Caline power supply to run my pedals, but just lately i've been having problems with unwanted noise and i also think it's about to die on me.... So i'm looking at getting a decent isolated power brick, probably a Voodoo lab.
My question is...... I also use a wireless system, obviously providing i choose a power supply that has the relevant output (12v, 500ma) can i realistically expect to power my pedals and the the wireless unit without any interference/unwanted noise? 

I notice that the higher end supplies all say you can run analogue and digital pedals fine but is that always the case? If so it will be great because then i will just have one mains plug to power my board and less wires/faffing about. 
Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    Shouldn’t be a problem if you have isolated outputs and enough current.  
    Needing a 12v output limits the choice a little so I’d double check you can’t get away with 9v as that might allow a cheaper supply.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I used to run wireless system and around 8 pedals from a daisy-chained one spot and had no issues whatsoever, so you should be fine if using an isolated PSU
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 252
    Cheers guys. Yes it's definitely 12v i need for the wireless system, shame really as it's limiting me to very expensive psu's like the Voodoo Lab 4x4..... Might just try and find a standalone 12v adapter to power it (if i can find a 12v regulated with centre positive...)
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
    Right now I'm powering all this with a 1Spot with zero problems!
    (Notice the Line6 G30 wireless receiver under the board)

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    edited January 2018
    I powered my Shure wireless glx16 system powered by the voodoolab 4x4 and the pedals with no problem at all
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3036
    nick79 said:
    Cheers guys. Yes it's definitely 12v i need for the wireless system, shame really as it's limiting me to very expensive psu's like the Voodoo Lab 4x4..... Might just try and find a standalone 12v adapter to power it (if i can find a 12v regulated with centre positive...)
    Like this, you mean?

https://shop.thegigrig.com/high-current-power-adapter/

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11444
    Decibel 11 Hot Stone Deluxe has some outputs that can be 9 or 12V.  Might be limited to 300mA at 12V though.  Do you know the actual current draw of your wireless unit.  Just because it has a 500mA supply doesn't mean it actually uses 500mA.