SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Nathan Sheppard NSG 26 - £900

What's Hot
BowksBowks Frets: 413
edited August 2018 in Guitars £
I recently got this guitar back in my possession but I've barely played it and have a hankering for an EBMM guitar, with a used Steve Morse high on the list, so this is up for sale or trade.

It's an NSG 26 from the 2nd run of NSG 26s. Swamp ash body with a burl maple cap.

Neck is maple/walnut (I think)/maple with a interestingly figured cocobolo fingerboard. It has an 44mm Earvana nut and the neck is a slim c shape, think comfortable as opposed to shreddy. Frets are Dunlop 6000s with a lot of life left in them. 

Electronics are the very rare Bare Knuckle Pickups Knuckle Dusters. These are two sets of Tele pickups combined together to form these mutant humbuckers. 

One pair of pickups is stock polarity and wind, the other RWRP, so when wired in series each pair is a true humbucker, when split you get real single coils. There can't be much more than 30 sets in existence and I doubt BKP would build them any more.

The control layout is 2 volumes and a master tone with a 3 way selector switch. Each volume had a push pull pot to split the pickups. The rest of the hardware is Gotoh 510 locking tuners and the Gotoh 5120 bridge.

It's been recently set up by Tom Waghorn with D'Addario 10-46 strings. Includes a Gator hard case too.

In terms of trades, I'll consider any EBMM 6 string, particularly a Luke, fixed bridge Steve Morse or an Axis. Would also consider an Ibanez JS as long as it has a proper Edge trem.  

Selling price £900.00

I'm based in South East London, near to London Bridge. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• An utterly wonderful instrument.

I played one at a show years ago and it was completely fantastic.  I know Nathan went through a lot of issues over the years, but he always turned out a cracking guitar - with this singlecut design being (IMHO) his absolute best.

GLWS!
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27343
    Don't see many of those around nowadays!

Looks like another superb example of Nathan's choice of materials and workmanship.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • That just oozes quality...beautiful work.

glws. 
  • pruddprudd Frets: 653
    The NS guitars I've played have been very nice indeed, beautifully built.

• BowksBowks Frets: 413
    Thanks for the kind words gents.

Action bumpo for this sale!
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Afraid I know nothing about NSG...looks cool though..how old is this?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Beautiful and a shame it’s not being played.. mine won’t be played after I die cos it’s being buried with me. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    spark240 said:
    Afraid I know nothing about NSG...looks cool though..how old is this?
    It’s about 8 or 9 years old if I remember correctly. 

If you’re interested and near to SE London, you are welcome to try it.
    A bump!
  • stanstan Frets: 189
    Hi, have you still got this guitar ?  do you know if it`s a chambered body....any idea of weight ?  what is the scale length ?  also, curious if you can get some `warm, clean` type of sounds ?  thanks in anticipation,  Stan.
    stan said:
    Hi, have you still got this guitar ?  do you know if it`s a chambered body....any idea of weight ?  what is the scale length ?  also, curious if you can get some `warm, clean` type of sounds ?  thanks in anticipation,  Stan.
    Hi stan

It's not chambered. I can weigh it later this week. 25.5" scale length.

Soundswise, yes, the pickups aren't high output, in dual coil mode they are akin to a PAF, so very warm, but with a chimeyness in single coil mode.
    Thanks for getting back to me BOWKS.  I was hoping for a Gibson scale length but it needn`t be a deal breaker.  Yes, I would be interested in the wight please.  Thanks.
    It weighs in at 3.19kg on the trusty luggage scale!
    That`s about 7 ib .  thanks for that BOWKS.  I wanted something that`s not your average les paul weight as i`m starting to get on in years.  I also prefer the shorter Gibson scale length but...that weight is just on the acceptable side for me. I won`t promise anything for now but i`m seriously thinking of having it.  i`ll let you know either way if it doesn`t sell in the meantime of course.  any chance of a few more pics and some dimensions ?  i`m hoping there`s little or no fret wear.  thanks again.
    What more would you like to see/find out?
    edited February 2018
    Hi, i`ve found Nathan`s website so I probably won`t need further details in general thanks. one thing though, any chance of a foto of the frets near the headstock ?  are there any notches or major signs of wear in the frets.  is it ready for a fret dress ?  that should cover it.  thanks.
    Hi, thanks for getting back to me re the fret wear etc.  i`m not in a position to buy at the moment as i`ve just had to pay a large car repair bill.  :-(    i`ll keep tabs on your guitar though.  all the best,  Stan.
    Bump Up with a price drop
    BUMP!

Feel free to make me an offer, I keep missing out on EBMMs and would like the cash!

Will trade for an EBMM guitar too.
    Bump with price drop