SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Thorpy Gunshot (sold) and Liquid Sunshine style clone

McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
edited February 2018 in FX £
Hi all, 
I've had a bit of a re-org of my (now sparse-looking) pedal board, removing a couple of pedals that i don't use enough. Mainly to free up GAS-tokens. 

First up is a Thorpy FX Gunshot, acquired from the demon-builder himself at the Brum Guitar show in 2016. Lovely, lovely pedal but I seem to gravitate back to my Marshall-style pedals when playing through my main amp and have now acquired a second amp that has more drive that a series of Top Gear so I thought it could go to a new home.  It's in mint nick, save for a bit of dust and some velcro on the bottom.  You all know what it is but here's the money shot:

What say £130 inc postage? 

Next up (and keeping with the purple theme) is a home-build by @handsomerik ;; of this very parish. It's a really good low-mid drive pedal, very much in the Liquid Sunshine type of vibe.  After he sent it to me, I asked him to run through the controls for me and this is what he said:

"The controls and design are a little different to most overdrives in that there are 2 drive knobs. The top knob is volume, the bottom right knob is gain A which controls full range gain, and the left knob is gain B which adds gain but will also add more upper mids and treble in the mix. The switches allow you to compensate for the added treble of gain to by taming it but allowing you to keep the gain. The [right hand] one off switch is a bass boost on-off. The [left hand] 3 way switch offers 2 levels of treble cut, the middle being no treble cut. "

It's a great pedal and really versatile. I just don't use it as much as I once did.  It has the brightest pink LED ever and a very cool (albeit a bit chipped) purple, painted and machine engraved finish.  Velcro'd too. What say £40 delivered?

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi mate. Is the gunshot still available.

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    ThatTone said:
    Hi mate. Is the gunshot still available.

Certainly is. I've PMd you. 

edited January 2018
    Thorpy Gunshot provisionally sold (off forum  s)

Any offers for the Liquid Sunshine type nugget of lovliness? Trades? A nice little tremolo could find room on the board or an old-skool CE-2 type chorus (with notes from me). 

Bump for the liquid sunshine type of thing. Very nice and flexible low to mid gain pedal. Offers? Trades?

Happy to add cash to any trade. I'd be interested in any vintage (ce-2) style chorus units or a tremolo. The only drive I fancy trying is a Wampler Pinnacle

Any offers for the Liquid Sunshine thingy?