PSA - Fender Bassbreaker 45 heads 399 Euros at Thomann

newi123newi123 Frets: 860
Had been considering a JTM45 style head and saw the above deal. Even slightly cheaper if you go B stock.

Seems rude not to partake at this price!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've heard mixed reports on the Bass breakers. I half considered an 007 Combo as I saw one going for a huge reduction on GuitarGuitar late last year, but a few people on here were less than complimentary about them so didn't pursue it. 

Never actually tried one though, so could just be unfounded rumours I guess...
  • jakzekjakzek Frets: 55
    I wasn’t too keen on the 007 as I like inbuilt reverb on fender amps, but I tried the 15 watt combo and really liked it. The gain stage knob works well and I found the cleans to be great even though it’s not what they’re really made for. Worth trying. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31584
    I've never given a Bassbreaker 45 a proper work out, but at low volume they feel stiff and bland to me compared to a JTM 45. 

No doubt they improve when you turn them up, though. 
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I tried the 45 before getting my budda SuperDrive. It captures a certain JTM flavour but it doesn’t feel or react in quite the same way. There isn’t that squash when it’s pounded hard and it’s definitely stiffer in feel. For under £400 it’s probably a decent valve amp, but I wasn’t blown away like I was with the SuperDrive.