Modern player Jaguar bass, anyone?

ROOGROOG Frets: 557

Can't commit to a purchase until the bathroom is finished! but having previously been sold on a jazz bass the jaguar bass recently hoved into view for me.

Does any one have experience of these?

I like the look but wondered what it's rasion d'etre was?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Judging by the month of no responses I'd say people aren't too taken by them!

For me it would be Jazz bass, or 'maybe' a precision. They are both too good for anything else to get a look-in!
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    axisus said:
    Judging by the month of no responses I'd say people aren't too taken by them!

For me it would be Jazz bass, or 'maybe' a precision. They are both too good for anything else to get a look-in!
    @axisus perhaps you are right! I like the look but have never seen one, let alone try.

I wondered if it might have a shorter scale or some such distinctive feature but a check on the fender site says not.  Some say it doesn't allow blending of the two pickups. 

I may sick to the original plan and go for the jazz., ibanez or was it the yamaha!

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    I don't know if it's the modern player version but Pino Pallidino gets seen with a Jag bass, especially when he was doing The Who gig. I think the Fender site says he chose it for its 'powerful cutting sound.'
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.