SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Jackson Soloist USA (1987) SOLD

What's Hot
MolochMoloch Frets: 693
edited July 2018 in Guitars £
This is a Jackson Soloist from the glory days of the late 1980s.The standard at this early stage for the company puts it up there with the 1990s custom shop instruments.

It has a gorgeous, eye-catching lightning strike finish (very different from the more recent lightning strikes). Comes in the versatile H-S-S pickup formation, with a toggle switch activating each of the pickups in turn. This means that you can have any combination of the three, including all three at the same time). The pickups are a Dimarzio Evo humbucker and two Seymour Duncan stacked humbuckers.

The fingerboard is real ebony, with jumbo frets (in excellent condition, no fret buzz) and the classic sharkfin inlays.

The bridge is an updated Kahler locking tremolo. These newer Kahlers are far more reliable than the older models and more versatile than the Floyd Rose equivalents. You can not only set bridge tension, height and intonation, but also the string spacing, all with a simple allen key. Also, brilliantly, you can use that same allen key to easily lock the bridge down as a fixed version. This is a great feature even if you're a big tremolo user, as it means that you can change the strings without a block or other device to counteract the spring tension.

The guitar is in sensational condition, with just one minor chip to the very tip of the headstock (standard for second hand Jacksons!) and a couple of miniscule dings on the side.

Basically this sounds incredible, plays fantastically and looks like no other guitar out there.

Comes with its original sturdy hard case.

Willing to consider trades and I have cash to offer on top for something really nice (keen on Gibson and PRS, but will consider other brands).

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

https://imgur.com/a/o28bT

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3040
    What an incredible example of a Soloist. Maybe try putting it on JCFonline? The guys there would go crazy for this 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 693
    Stevepage said:
    What an incredible example of a Soloist. Maybe try putting it on JCFonline? The guys there would go crazy for this 
    That's a good shout. Cheers Steve!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump.
    Bump!
    edited February 2018
    Price drop to £1395!
    Bump! I forgot to mention in the ad that I have cash to add on top if you fancy trading something tasty.
    Up!
    'It's frigging freezing and the price is down to £1250' bump.
    Bump!
  • Jackson USA is still pretty much run by the same bunch of guys and in my opinion the quality of their work remains excellent and unmatched, if not even better than before

I own several Jackson USA guitars, some are pre-Fender era like yours whereas others are more modern.

I honestly can't find any difference in quality (other than non 80s Jackson's having upgraded hardware and snazzier looking mother of pearl logos on their headstocks) 

But non USA Jackson's are definitely a mixed bag. The only decent Japanese made Jackson I own is the Phil Demmel pro, which feels and plays very much like a USA KV2.

However I've heard the PDX models are terrible! I think Fender is responsible for building Jackson's lower end, non USA models and that's why they have a reputation for being bad. 

You should put that collectible beauty on eBay or try the JFC forums instead because it's worth more than your asking price IMO.

If I was still into Jackson's I'd easily pay around 1750 for that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers @CallMeVal and @Stevepage. I took a look at JCF, but classifieds are only for paid members on there. Might list it on Jackson Guitar Palace instead. As well as bumping the ad with this post, of course!
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3040
    It seems that forum is not what it used to be sadly.

I did share your Facebook post on the USA Jackson group on Facebook, hope that helps 
    Stevepage said:
    It seems that forum is not what it used to be sadly.

I did share your Facebook post on the USA Jackson group on Facebook, hope that helps 

Nice one, thanks Steve. :)
    Up you go!
    Another bump.
    Bump!
    BUMP!
    Okay, final price cut to £995, before I just keep it and actually learn all those old Megadeth and Slayer tunes.