Tim/Timmy

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
Is there not supposed tae be a new version comin' soon of one or both of these pedals?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    edited January 2018
    Yes Paul should be releasing a new version of the Tim some time this year apparently.  I’ve not seen much info on it though apart from the fact he’s working on a new version though.  

He posted this back in October 2017

I feel that way, and it does make me nervous that there will be a bad vibe due to the wait. When I announced I was bringing it back in 2016 it really was just about ready to go. I had the circuit tweaks/ board designed/ drill templates worked out/ graphics (bad ones!)... I thought I would have it out in a just a couple of months. Without going into details my wife went through a pretty serious medical thing that put her in the hospital for almost a month end of that summer. That brought all work to a stop while dealing with that. She's actually my partner in this thing, and she's soldered almost every Timmy board for the last 5 years. While better, she still suffers from what happened and she can't work with me like she used to. So between some big medical builds, and lower numbers of pedals being built it's put a big dent in the war chest to put anything new out. I'm slowly digging out of the hole, and I'm hoping after the Holiday season I can finally get it out.

The good thing is I think I've been able to make it a little better dinking with the circuit during this time. Also the original artwork was really bad! I've put in a lot of time, and got some pro help in that and I'm pretty happy with it now. But again - the wait is stupid, and since it's now over a year I wanted to post the prototypes to show it's a real thing and not vaporware.

PaulC
    https://www.facebook.com/paul.cochrane.102

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9526
  • Want. I so regret selling my v1 Tim. Fantastic pedal, best OD I've had and the best pedal to stack others going into it I've had. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My Timmy, with my El Capistan, make up 90% of all the tones I ever want. It's just better than other overdrives. I bought new and Paul was a proper nice guy to deal with, happy to spend £100 (or so, at the time) for a guy to design and build a pedal via his own operation. I'll probably get one of these, even if I end up with a Helix (or whatever)
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I had the old Tim, was it was so damn tall it just didn’t work with my pedalboard. I have a Timmy that’s a keeper. 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3839
    I miss my old Tim. My Timmy has never quite sounded the same.
  • Lebarque said:
    I miss my old Tim. My Timmy has never quite sounded the same.
    They really don't. The Tim sounds more open and the EQ works better on the Tim. 

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13939
    edited January 2018
    Tim or Timmy really is a shit name for an overdrive pedal

It's a Monty Python reference, which is fine by me.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I thought the Timmy was the worst drive pedal I’ve ever used. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2018
    rico said:

It's not a medium or high gain drive. It's more of a 'pushing you over the edge into break up' light overdrive. And at that job, it's the gold standard IMO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72305
    Especially if you live in the west of Scotland.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    Does this look like it might now be in a smaller/lower profile - ie Keeley Workstation size (is that 1590BB?) ?
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    It looks like a 1590bb but you can also get a tall version which has the same footprint but a little more room to get top mounted jacks and dc socket in over the top of the pots and pcb.  
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Lebarque said:
    rico said:

It's not a medium or high gain drive. It's more of a 'pushing you over the edge into break up' light overdrive. And at that job, it's the gold standard IMO.
    Hmm. Regardless of how I set it I just couldn’t get a good sounds out of it. It seemed to be too muddy and very bland. 
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1558
    Adam_MD said:
    It looks like a 1590bb but you can also get a tall version which has the same footprint but a little more room to get top mounted jacks and dc socket in over the top of the pots and pcb.  
    While that is just a prototype at this time, the box is a tall one:

• rico said:
    Lebarque said:
    rico said:

Hmm. Regardless of how I set it I just couldn’t get a good sounds out of it. It seemed to be too muddy and very bland. 
    I wasn't that impressed with the Tim when I got it.  Only when I joined a band and got to play it at gig levels did I realise that it sounds frickin glorious.  At home volume I still find it a little dull.
    ^ This looks like the media photo of a recovered stash from a police raid on a pedal cartel boss's lair. :0) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    Adam_MD said:
    While that is just a prototype at this time, the box is a tall one:

Cheers both. Interesting to see the different design options he has going on there too...
    I'm guessing these images are from facebook - does Mr Cochrane have an actual or updated website at all?