little things online sellers add to their listings that don't do anything for you.

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I always hate "I'm looking for £xxx, which is what I paid for it'. I don't give a toss what you paid for it, you may have been some chump who paid over the odds.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Basically irrelevant guff, about how they bonded with it, then after it falling out of favour, bonding with it again, only to realise they've got too many guitars ... drawing out the story about how they've got to sell because they're moving home, buying a new amplifier, gotta make space for the sproglet ...... blah blah effing blah.

Oh, and how "rare" it is. One-of-a-kind shit, that's as meaningless as Jim-Bob taking the 98 bus because his car's in for a service.

Then they confess to changing the pickups AND chiselled away the cavities to fit them, thereby destroying the originality, and at that point my heart can take no more ....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 19791979 Frets: 87
    “This guitar is AMAZING “
    why are you selling it then?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • “Comes with free hamster” - I don’t want one. I want a guitar! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1946
    I'm more concerned about what they omit then add.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    It’s with a heavy heart that I am putting this guitar up for sale.

Fuck off and see your doctor pal or get on a diet! 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2932
    Lots of folk at the moment appear to have finally tracked down their 'holy grail' amp/guitar, only to be selling it on a few weeks down the line. Not much of a holy grail then was it?
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • Just putting the feelers out...

In other words, you don't want to sell it and you don't really know what you want...

• If they've got a guitar I want, and it's been played by a Doberman smoking Woodbines I'd still buy it. 
    I would pay good money to watch that dog in concert. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Smoke and pet free home
    lawsuit guitar or this was the one that started the lawsuits
    Prs single cuts pre lawsuit.
    Best guitar I ever owned but has to go Look at trading history and other items show they are a bedroom flipper.
    Hard to find these days
    anything relating to the word rare 
    buttery 
    pickup upgraded to cheap branded Korean or Chinese.

It goes on

• MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782

Never gigged - my gigging guitars are in a far better condition than my practice guitars!

What do people think we do with our guitars at gigs? I wish I was rich enough to smash them into the amp and impale the headstock into the face of the cab at the end of every show... but unfortunately I'm not.

• I bought this...

~Nirvana~ 1969 Harmony Stella H913 12 String ~ Pro Setup! New Strings! Vintage USA Kay Silvertone

I didn't care for the words Nirvana (loved Kurt, love Nirvana etc).. but so? I felt I needed a 12 string and didn't have £6k-£12k to spend on the one I liked... So when I found out Kurt's was different with only 5 strings, was an interesting thing to learn, but didn't effect my purchase at all.

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Gibson Epiphone Les Paul. This is the best guitar I have ever owned but I have my eye on something else.

It is in 100% mint condition apart from one ding on the back and one on the front. The pickup selector switch is also a little scratchy.
    It has never been gigged, home use only. Just set up by my local tech. 

I have it for collection only as I haven’t got any way of posting.  

Happy bidding!

So... you’re selling an Epiphone les Paul with a few dings from gigging and you’re too lazy to post it so I’ve got to come to you only discover how bad it REALLY is? Can’t be THAT great, can it? Pass :) 
  • I like it when people think you'll pay more for a guitar because it's from a smoke free and pet free home. 

If they've got a guitar I want, and it's been played by a Doberman smoking Woodbines I'd still buy it. 
    I wouldn’t pay *more* for a Guitar that doesn’t stink or come with a case that both stinks and makes me sneeze. I just wouldn’t pay anything for one that does.

i remember a local shop had bought in an estate clearance job lot of guitars from a heavy smoker. A lot of them just had to be scrapped, they were so disgustingly smelly and coated with years of nicotine residue. Foul.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

• i remember a local shop had bought in an estate clearance job lot of guitars from a heavy smoker. A lot of them just had to be scrapped, they were so disgustingly smelly and coated with years of nicotine residue. Foul.
    Would be worth loads now - ‘reliced’
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • "my loss is your gain"
    Someone buy this bastard and get it outta my sight !!!

"best guitar I ever owned"
    What the hell was I thinking when I bought this pile of junk

" Instant SRV tone"
    A hondo ii ,with a warped neck sounds a whole lot better
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3616
    Smoke and pet free home
    lawsuit guitar or this was the one that started the lawsuits
    Prs single cuts pre lawsuit.
    Best guitar I ever owned but has to go Look at trading history and other items show they are a bedroom flipper.
    Hard to find these days
    anything relating to the word rare 
    buttery 
    pickup upgraded to cheap branded Korean or Chinese.

It goes on

I'd think that was a plus personally.

I don't want my newly acquired guitar, and probably case, smelling of old cigarettes and cat wee. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • This ^^^^^

I've bought some right smelly bits of gear in the past and I would avoid in future.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Gibson Les Paul.
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 600
    edited January 2018
    Referring to guitars as “she”.. STOP IT

+1 for plays like butter.