Empress Zoia

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Cuckoo has done a demo:

I'm waiting for mine to turn up in the next week or so.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    Cuckoo has done a demo:

Let me know how you get on, I think birthday and Xmas ££ may well go on one of these. A Zoia on top of an H9 Max, Timeline and Flint would be amazing.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3491
    I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one of these and developing the greatest ever Tube Screamer patch.

Maybe a Boss SD-1 as well if I'm feeling ambitious. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    I looking forward to buying @Wazmeister 's one in the classifieds :-D

(Thats me calling shotgun folks). 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3491
    octatonic said:
    Cuckoo has done a demo:

I'd be intrigued to the learning curve to such an item.  Please report back when you have the chance to have a play around with it. 

Is anyone a fan of Fennesz?  (other guitarists of such an ilk as well)  I remember when he kind of first started making an impression with Endless Summer and it was fascinating to hear what kind of music someone could make with a guitar and software (Max/MSP, lloopp etc).  It's incredible to see how technology has caught up and I imagine a pedal like Zoia could effectively replace a lot of the 'hardware' that was once required.  

Even though I don't really buy a lot of pedals, it seems like a really exciting and amazing time for the guitarist (and other instruments they can be used for)
  • I looking forward to buying @Wazmeister 's one in the classifieds :-D

Damn you, Buzzbox, thwarted! Calling second shotgun, if that’s a thing 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    I looking forward to buying @Wazmeister 's one in the classifieds :-D

Damn you, Buzzbox, thwarted! Calling second shotgun, if that’s a thing 
    I think that would be a double barrelled shotgun.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2208
    octatonic said:
    Cuckoo has done a demo:

Has the Zoia arrived yet? If so, how is it?
    Still waiting to buy wazmeisters cast off...
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Still waiting to buy wazmeisters cast off...
    Still second in line to that, erm... well “throne”, I suppose.

Two Zoias in a loop switcher with flip-flop function (QMX2?) might be an excellent set up. As long as you plan the pedal chain set up in each Zoia, you can basically flip between your dry tone and 2 different pedalboards without scrolling through presets on one Zoia. 
  • BigRedOneBigRedOne Frets: 67
    I'm still not sure I know what it does or how it does it - but I've ordered one.  Maybe the flashing lights have tricked me into it?
    BigRedOne said:
    I'm still not sure I know what it does or how it does it - but I've ordered one.  Maybe the flashing lights have tricked me into it?
    Dibs
    The ancient right of dibs has been acknowledged.
    BigRedOne said:
    The ancient right of dibs has been acknowledged.
    And I have been beaten to the dibs punch twice now...
    Zoia arrived on Monday - for now its replaced the space on my board where the Echosystem lives.  After spending a little time with it the interface is fairly easy to use if you know what it is you want to do.  Making effects using the basic presets is no problem and lots of fun - now i just need to understand how effects are built in more detail from the ground up, how to programme a sequencer, and how to use a synthesiser.  

But even using just a fraction of its capacity its clearly a very useful and versatile guitar effects pedal. 
    BigRedOne said:
    Zoia arrived on Monday - for now its replaced the space on my board where the Echosystem lives.  After spending a little time with it the interface is fairly easy to use if you know what it is you want to do.  Making effects using the basic presets is no problem and lots of fun - now i just need to understand how effects are built in more detail from the ground up, how to programme a sequencer, and how to use a synthesiser.  

But even using just a fraction of its capacity its clearly a very useful and versatile guitar effects pedal. 
    In terms of the quality of the effects, could you use this as a stand-alone multiFX for all your mod/delay/reverb?
    BigRedOne said:

In terms of the quality of the effects, could you use this as a stand-alone multiFX for all your mod/delay/reverb?
    Hows that unchanged board looking mate?
    I hear its at risk... "insert H9 joke here"
    BigRedOne said:

Hows that unchanged board looking mate?
    I hear its at risk... "insert H9 joke here"
    Insert H9 where? 
    BigRedOne said:

Maybe - but it would take a lot of work building the effects if you wanted something different to the standard ones supplied.
    BigRedOne said:
    BigRedOne said:

Maybe - but it would take a lot of work building the effects if you wanted something different to the standard ones supplied.
    Does seem like that from the demos, which is why I’m resisting.