Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16079
    Never mind he of the false beard extensions and Hells Angel impersonation  this just reminds me how ghastly  Sharon Osbourne is 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    ahhh, not an addition to the Beefeater menu then ....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    axisus said:
    ahhh, not an addition to the Beefeater menu then ....

Let's not comment on his personal preferences.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey zakk play us something

pinch ..pinch...wah...pinch...wah....pinch..pinch..pinch...wah....twiddlly widdle...pinch...pinch

zakk is years beyond his sell by imo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    I saw Zakk once, playing solo, launching the atrocious Marshall JMD:1 at a lig at NAMM in, I think, 2010. 

For a minute or so I thought he was kicking off with a clever sort of Spinal Tap thing. Ho, ho, I thought. Good on ya, mate... I get it... quite an anti-NAMM statement... a sort of live version of a "Zakk shreds" video. Hey, that's pretty hip!

But no. It wasn't. He was SERIOUS.

It was about
     the worst thing I have ever heard. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey zakk play us something

pinch ..pinch...wah...pinch...wah....pinch..pinch..pinch...wah....twiddlly widdle...pinch...pinch

zakk is years beyond his sell by imo
    His image is, but he can actually play when he’s not doing than rubbish. He did the Hendrix tour thing a few years back and was brilliant 
  • He can play. He's done some great acoustic work too. The fact that he plays that pinch-squeal-metal is because he likes to do so. I'm not into Black Label Society stuff but I've heard him live and he can still play pretty well. And sing too... 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22701
    I don't like the way he's become a living, breathing cartoon and seems to release the same album over and over agan.

On the other side of the scales, that's all outweighed by Pride & Glory.  What a brilliant album. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    edited January 2018
    Great guitarist who as @Philly_Q says has become a bit of a parody of himself. Saw BLS at Bloodstock a couple years back and it was pretty fucking cringe. Had his own raised pedestal like he was JC himself and played a guitar solo literally for over ten minutes.
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 252
    Yeah he can be over the top, but i like him. Pride and Glory stuff is fantastic, Ozzy stuff is great (No more tears...) and although a lot of the BLS can be a bit samey there is some good stuff in there. The Mafia album is pretty good. 

Also the Unblackened gig they did a few years ago at Club Nokia is worth a watch on youtube, stripped back, chilled out butsome really really good guitar playing by both him and Nick Catanese (who i won't mention again...)
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Philly_Q said:
    I don't like the way he's become a living, breathing cartoon and seems to release the same album over and over agan.

On the other side of the scales, that's all outweighed by Pride & Glory.  What a brilliant album. 
    Wis'd. I also love Book of Shadows.