Roland AC 60

rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Frets: 198
edited January 2018 in Acoustics
i have been using this amp for years and well satisfied with it.However I have been hit with a bout of gas recently to get a electric guitar.I know this amp is meant for acoustics but could  I use this for electric.Do I have to buy another amp?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4699
    i have been using this amp for years and well satisfied with it.However I have been hit with a bout of gas recently to get a electric guitar.I know this amp is meant for acoustics but could  I use this for electric.Do I have buy another amp?

Yeah, it ill be pretty thin and un-electric like through the Roland. Could be okay for Jazz with an archtop.   What you could do is get a pedal with modelling in, like this:-

https://www.andertons.co.uk/zoom-ms50g-single-stompbox-multi-fx-pedal-ms50g?LGWCODE=MS50G;56375;6335&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyq21oNXt2AIVDpPtCh3d3g1REAQYASABEgK8d_D_BwE

You can get them around £50 S/H

• As above you will be okay with an archtop (Martin Taylor used an AER domino in the past). I briefly ran a Telecaster through my old amp but it was very compressed and flat sounding, so I'd say a new amp for solid body electrics.
  • As above you will be okay with an archtop (Martin Taylor used an AER domino in the past). I briefly ran a Telecaster through my old amp but it was very compressed and flat sounding, so I'd say a new amp for solid body electrics.
    Yeah I’m looking at a Les Paul (obviously black). Thks.