Calling the Jet City devotees here at FB

TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
edited January 2018 in Amps
https://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/jet-city-amplification-jca22h-1001211.jpg

That is a pic of the jet city jca22h, I know ICBM speaks very highly of their build integrity and reliability alongside bang for the buck performance. All I will be running thru fx loop is Catalinbread Talisman Plate Reverb pedal, I know some jet city models are very selective about which brands of pedal to run into their loops due to a hot signal.

Can it be unambiguously and definitively stated here from techs and users, do either the jet city  jca22h or jca20hv heads suffer from the type of fx loop that is finickity about what pedals you run into it  ? I know the Amelia is a fussy so im not looking into that one.

Also are the cleans from the 22h and 20hv passable or cold and sterile sounding ?

Thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• #1 - The loop on the JCA22H is line level. If your pedal can't handle that, it's going to sound pretty shit. Sadly, all evidence would point to Catalinbread pedals not having enough headroom to gracefully deal with line-level signals, so you're bang out of luck there. Usual options for this are Eventide, Empress, TC (any of their Toneprint pedals) or Strymon.

#2 - I really like the cleans on the 22H, but that's mainly because they're not crystal cleans. The 20HV is different, and the 22 Custom is different again, but I haven't tried those for long enough to judge.
    <space for hire>
  • Im running the talisman on 18v for extra headroom.

Are the hv and the 22h custom fx loops line level also ?

Everything I've seen suggests even 18V won't be enough.

The 22 Custom's loop is the only one that's instrument level in the range - thanks for the prompt, forgot to mention that.
    <space for hire>

Everything I've seen suggests even 18V won't be enough.

The 22 Custom's loop is the only one that's instrument level in the range - thanks for the prompt, forgot to mention that.
    So the catalinbread can be used with the custom 22 without having to use a morley effects loop corrector unit ?
  • http://www.jetcityamplificationstore.co.uk/product/custom-22/

Jet City confirm here the custom 22 is a pedal friendly loop, and jeezus its only £245.00 !!!! right this has got my attention for sure
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    edited January 2018
    the custom 22 sounds far too overdriven for my tastes so ive mailed  jet city to see if the jca20hv is fx loop instrument level or line level,. dunno why they would ever go line level on any of their amps  o
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31523
    the custom 22 sounds far too overdriven for my tastes so ive mailed  jet city to see if the jca20hv is fx loop instrument level or line level,. dunno why they would ever go line level on any of their amps  o
    The Custom 22 overdrive channel is pretty hot, but the crunch has very nice cleans. There is a simple mod to reduce overdrive but I know you don't want to do that, and the crunch channel with an overdrive pedal in front of it is awesome anyway. The loop is pedal level. 

The 20HV loop is pedal level too, in fact I have a feeling it's a Metro Amps loop Doug White bought in, but don't quote me on that. 

If you do go for a 50 or 100 the Morley Effects Loop Corrector works as advertised, I gigged with mine for two years. It's passive, so no real hassle and it's sonically transparent. I'd sell mine, but the 50w head is so incredibly cheap I might just have to grab another one!
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    The 20HV takes instrument level stuff in the loop fine.
  • I'm honestly not sure about the 20HV - however, it'd be worth asking Doug on here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jetcityamplification/
    <space for hire>
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    My 20hv is fine with most pedals in the loop. 

I`ve found the cleans depend on the guitar - with a strat running duncan alnicos it stays clean or edge of clean really easily, and far from being sterile. With the musicman with active emgs it goes into crunch almost straight away. Guess that`s to be expected!
  • http://www.jetcityamplificationstore.co.uk/product/custom-22/

Jet City confirm here the custom 22 is a pedal friendly loop, and jeezus its only £245.00 !!!! right this has got my attention for sure
    It's £285, the other one is £245
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic