Oil City Pickups ... yet another sale!!!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 3480
    edited February 7
    Jeremiah said:
     I was too slow for the masterwound sale as I'm interested in the ... Winterizers.
    Yah, boo! I nabbed those Winterizer II humbuckers. 3 In my opinion, the Guitar&Bass magazine review is an accurate reflection of those pickups. 

I have not tried the Cow'Tron model. I cannot comment on them ... other than to wonder aloud how a web customer would specify the baseplate and mounting screw format. 
    "It's no wonder the Pacific Ocean is blue."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    @Jeremiah Are you still interested in those Winterizer II humbuckers? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TheGuitarWeaselTheGuitarWeasel Frets: 3704

I have not tried the Cow'Tron model. I cannot comment on them ... other than to wonder aloud how a web customer would specify the baseplate and mounting screw format. 
    There are two distinct versions of the CowTron classic which is Gretsch style surface mounted (as seen in the image)

And the CowTron HB which as the HB signifies is both full Gibson humbucker sized, and 'English mounted')

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    I'm not sure whether this post should be public or private? It can always be edited into oblivion, I suppose.

The Winterizer II humbuckers are in a PRS S2 Singlecut. Finances dictate that I may have to sell this guitar. Since I will not recoup the value of your pickups this way, the stock G&B-made #7 humbuckers will be reinstated before the guitar goes.

My enquiries about the Cow-Tron HB and your experimental Gain-Plus were in connection with a Hamer XT Echotone. This excuse for a guitar is currently incomplete whilst I decide whether to buy it an Earvana shelf nut. (MSRP over one third of what I paid for the guitar!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 309
    @Jeremiah Are you still interested in those Winterizer II humbuckers? 

Um, possibly, though if anything it's most likely I'd be looking for a Winterizer II for the bridge and a standard Winterizer for the neck.
    Perhaps, we can help each other out? First, I need to nudge Lord Seven into action.