Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which one of your guitars is the best?

What's Hot

Comments

• antifash said:
    This thread is better with pics. 
    I agree, but the squire tele I posted about is just a stock blonde with white pickguard, if it had been an unusual guitar I would have.  

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71952
    My PRS Standard 22 was. Best build quality, best playability, best tuning stability, best range of sounds, best ‘evenness’ of tone, and it looked nice.

I used it nearly exclusively for five years with my band for gigging and recording  - but when the band broke up, I hardly touched it again and eventually sold it.

Despite its perfection and that it also physically fitted me better than probably any other guitar I’ve owned, I never really loved it...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    ICBM said:
    My PRS Standard 22 was. Best build quality, best playability, best tuning stability, best range of sounds, best ‘evenness’ of tone, and it looked nice.

I used it nearly exclusively for five years with my band for gigging and recording  - but when the band broke up, I hardly touched it again and eventually sold it.

Despite its perfection and that it also physically fitted me better than probably any other guitar I’ve owned, I never really loved it...
    I know that story :) What one did/do you really love?
  • rossirossi Frets: 1698
    My best guitar is my Gibson Midtown Standard.The one I play the most now is my Keiper 109 ..Hollow jazz style Les Paul for want of a better description .Its light  and plays as well as the Gibson   for fret work and feel etc..i keep my Tele down stairs for noodling but the lovely Pelham Blue Gibson is  a case queen .i dont even use it on stage  at  jazz open mikes .Anyone got a TV yellow Les Paul Special MIJ  out there  for swapsies.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    My American Pro Strat.
    Dec '16, a week after they landed in the UK, 2 days after I got the "All Clear".

https://i.imgur.com/ZAUFcSc.jpg?1

Still the best guitar I've ever owned and means the world to me.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Trad Faded:

But I play this one more regularly at the moment:

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9550
    My Telecaster is best.
    And so is my Strat.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    My Angry Angus Strat ( pic in my profile) affectionately known as the ‘Belt Sander Special’
  • The one I pick up at the time. Some are obviousy higher spec than others, but I like to think that the one in my hands is the best one for what I want to play, and if it turns out that it isn't, well, I'll select a different one. Same as who's your favourite guitarist - it's the bloke whose record is on your turntable.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    This week, my EGC V

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71952
    clarkefan said:

I know that story :) What one did/do you really love?
    My ‘65 Jaguar that I used before the PRS and stupidly sold because it didn’t fit with what I was doing with that band - and I now miss - and my Rickenbacker 381 which I got afterwards and hopefully have learned my lesson about selling, even though I’m not currently using it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    The next one I build. Each time I make a guitar I learn something, and the next design inches closer to my ideal.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    I don't have a "best" guitar, they're all good for their own reasons - otherwise I wouldn't have them!!
    We are all Chameleons...
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    This week, my EGC V

Oooooh that's nice.  But for some reason i suddenly fancy a Fox's glacier mint.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    List of electrics I've owned:

Yamaha Pacifica 
    Vox SSC 33
    Ibanez AS93
    Fender 2009 Mexi Strat
    Squier Custom Tele
    Fender Mexi Strat (Special run can't remember the name but have it written down somewhere) made from swamp ash & had upgraded pickups & 70s hs. 
    Burns Dual Sonic Semi Hollow Tele (2010 prototype).

I still have the Burns and the 2009 Mexi Strat, but everything else has gone. I'd like to have A / B tested the Ibanez against the Burns but didn't have both together. The Ibanez is a cracking guitar. The Squier was a hefty lump of blandness

The Burns is 50% better than anything else.

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    Alnico said:
    My American Pro Strat.
    Dec '16, a week after they landed in the UK, 2 days after I got the "All Clear".

https://i.imgur.com/ZAUFcSc.jpg?1

Still the best guitar I've ever owned and means the world to me.

That is brilliant! #irreplaceable
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    Whichever one makes the sound that I need right now is the best. 
    Be seeing you.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    From the day I got it, until the day I sell it - which will be never - this;

Looks good, feels good, plays perfectly, sounds incredible and always puts a smile on my face whenever I pick it up.

It's my "if I could only have one guitar forever" guitar.

Custom built by Mark Bailey a few years ago, re-creating one of his builds that was lying around for us to play in the evenings on my first Bailey course.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom