Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which one of your guitars is the best?

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    As someone with a humble collection, I find different ones best for different moods!

My Gibson LP Faded is the one I'd always have when I am doing loads of different things.
    My Squier Classic Vibe Tele is my favourite for sturmmy-jangly things.
    If trying heavy things or for squealy noodling, I'd pick up my LTD EC-401.

I kind of like how I play different things depending on the guitar I pick up, so I will mostly pick up a guitar, then decide what to play, or mostly noodle if I'm honest!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Immoral question - like asking which child is your favourite!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Today it's my PRS S2 Satin Singlecut.  Tomorrow it might be something different.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Chalky said:
    Immoral question - like asking which child is your favourite!

That's easy, it was my first born. He's an only child.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    p90fool said:
    This one. Not just the best guitar I own, but the best guitar there is. (I know, I've tried all the others). 
    :)

http://i67.tinypic.com/6yksjn.jpg
    I'm no Gibson fan but the P90 in the bridge and the humbucker in the neck is a nice change and I bet sounds different.
    I'm putting that on my 'Must try' list.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    edited January 2018
    A toss between my CS Strat or my Suhr Alt T Pro, the Suhr is getting the most love at the moment because it’s still newish and it’s a belting guitar.
    https://i.imgur.com/BrYS8hL.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/yVzM5PR.jpg
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3200
    Loving my Eastman sb59 at the moment, SC Relics tele a close second. Showing little to no attachment to my 67 Gretsch Tennessean much to my surprise. 
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    It's hard to say, the bitsa superstrat has the best hardware and has the best sound, but my Jackson has a neck to die for and is more comfortable to play.
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    It changes....
    Currently my Musicman Luke 3 & Suhr Modern I bought off @bingefeller. Both have unfinished roasted maple necks which I think is part of the reason. Bigger frets on the Suhr though which I'm enjoying very much for the widdly stuff.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DavusPG said:
    It changes....
    Currently my Musicman Luke 3 & Suhr Modern I bought off @bingefeller. Both have unfinished roasted maple necks which I think is part of the reason. Bigger frets on the Suhr though which I'm enjoying very much for the widdly stuff.

I'm happy that you're still enjoying the Suhr @DavusPG.  :-). It's a nice guitar for sure and I do sometimes miss it.
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    Great thread this @NelsonP some lovely machines on display.  Though I don't have an allegiance to any particular make/model I must admit I find all the strats very appealing - any colour, any combination, the strat just seem to carry it off somehow.  Made me realise the sunburst MIJ 60's reissue I had in the mid 90's was probably my favourite rig and I sold it for next to nothing,  :'(
  • My sunburst HSS Strat in the middle is the best all rounder, but they all have their uses and I play them all.

https://i.imgur.com/sQ8G3c2.jpg

It's not a competition.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2377
    The next one......lol
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 841
    edited January 2018
    No such thing for me really.  My 4 (just reduced from 5) all do different things.

My suit modern has 24 frets high op pups and a Floyd.  It's Fabulous at what if does however it doesn't do classic rock, but my prs cu22 with bk mules does and it's Fabulous as well.

Neither have the single coil glass/chime or a quacky tone but my select strat does and its fabulous at it.

If I HAD to choose one though it would be my tom Anderson cobra s with 3×p90s.  It does the start thing but warmer and hotter.  It does the prs thing with a wider freq and more aggression.  It also does a Tele inbetween sound (though rounder) and bridge pu grind (again slighty rounded).  Non of the others really do what the ta does but it can do what the start and pre does at  push.  However it doesnt do what the suhr does so even then it  isn't "better  than that at those things.
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 607
    @stickyfiddle ;
    ooooh nice pink paisley tele there! So how does that fair against your best?
  • I guess on paper as far as build quality , versatility etc the Musicman Valentine although it’s not my ‘favourite’ since the thinline Tele turned up . The Tele does a similar thing but feels more familiar to an old fart like me.  
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    A guitar I no longer have unfortunately, a Classic Laquer 50's Telecaster -

but thanks to @ellwood I have another incoming shortly. V. excited.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26966
    notanon said:
    @stickyfiddle ;
    ooooh nice pink paisley tele there! So how does that fair against your best?
    I sort of go in and out with the Tele. It's a brilliant guitar, but I have to be in the mood to get the best out of it. When that happens you can't beat it, though. 

Pink Paisley
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited January 2018
    A Fender American Standard Precision Bass, simply because it passed through the hands of luthier Andy Warnock for a setup and fret reprofiling job when it was still new.

Great players have great guitar techs for a reason, they really do make the difference between guitars being good and great. Hopefully I can get my other guitars up to the same standard one day!
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3047
    edited January 2018
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/maliciousteve/20170504_194426_zpsnvobydyr.jpg

Always wanted a USA Soloist. Quite a bonus to have this gorgeous finish. Now that I've fitted a JB Jr in the neck it's perfect. Best guitar I've owned.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom