Solderless DC pedal power cables...

GadgetGadget Frets: 895
I have been thinking about solderless DC pedal power, since it's a right PITA only having fixed length off-the-shelf power cables, or having to solder my own to length (only to have to redo it a week later when I change my board around!).

The new 3Monkeys solderless plug looks good, but at £5 per plug and £1.90 per foot of cable, it's not exactly cheap eg: £13.80 for a 2ft lead!).

So I looked into other options and came up with these (below) on eBay and the like. They're obviously not as pretty or small as the 3Monkeys, but they work out at as little as 20p per connector. Then pair them up with a cheap ready-made cable with a suitable pedal connector already factory-fitted to at least one end (TheGigRig 6 cable pack is £10 for instance) and you can make your own custom lengths at ~£1.86 for a 2ft cable and change it any time you like without going near a soldering iron.

£13.80 vs. £1.86.

Thoughts?

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28151
    Personally I'd solder - DC plugs are very straightforward - but those look an OK solution on a pedalboard where the cables are correctly secured in position. And sensibly priced.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    The first pic is just to illustrate that they will fit side-by-side in a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power, BTW...
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........