Logic x 10.4 released at Namm

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    I installed 10.4 in the small hours of this morning. (It made a useful distraction from the atrocious England O.D.I. Cricket performance.)

The only new feature that I have tried so far is the new A.I. Drummer "personalities" and some of the new kits.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mixer undo is super useful.
  • Oh and ARA. Will have to see how that’s implemented. It’s saved me forever in Studio One
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7323
    I want this for the tempo features, but I'd also have to update from Yosemite. I don't really want to do that because it's all working nicely at the minute.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    DefaultM said:
    I want this for the tempo features, but I'd also have to update from Yosemite. I don't really want to do that because it's all working nicely at the minute.
    I have the same issue. I really don' want anything from High Sierra and I'm very reluctant to upgrade as they do tend to slow down older machines :(
  • This is a great update and I can see the new drummer features making EZ Drummer 2 redundant in my case.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7323
    DefaultM said:
    I have the same issue. I really don' want anything from High Sierra and I'm very reluctant to upgrade as they do tend to slow down older machines :(
    If you back up to time machine does it also save the OS and restore that to your machine as well?
    DefaultM said:
    If you back up to time machine, does it also save the OS and restore that to your machine as well?
    Yes. 

DefaultM said:
    update from Yosemite. I don't really want to do that because it's all working nicely at the minute.
    Check whether your machine is compatible with the OS upgrade(s) here.
  • I downloaded the update over the weekend and I am impressed.  The quality of the new studio horn and string section is very good.  The new jazz and country drummers are great as well, they have now made my EZDrummer Nashville and Jazz kits redundant. 
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    if you have the previous version of Logic Pro X is this just a free upgrade?
    play every note as if it were your first
    edited February 2018
    Clarky said:
    if you have the previous version of Logic Pro X, is this just a free upgrade?

Yes.

Published 25/01/2018. It should have materialised in your App Store Updates without you having to do anything.

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Clarky said:

Yes.

Published 25/01/2018. It should have materialised in your App Store Updates without you having to do anything.

ahh... it's not appeared in my updates..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • Clarky said:
    Clarky said:

Yes.

ahh... it's not appeared in my updates..
    It won't appear if you're using an older version of OSX that it's not compatible with …
  • The tempo tools are great. Very accurate when matching imported audio or just a rougher in audio region. 
    Not tried the new drum parts yet but I imagine they’re good.