2018 Running Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• @joneve many thanks.

DDP yoga has been great for me. I started a couple of years ago and saw great results in terms of general well-being and fitness (for want of a better word). Due to laziness I just stopped but now I’ve started it again I really enjoy it.

The Arthur Boorman video is incredible but tends to leave out the dietary changes that he made. Still, I can only assume that the yoga has been helping me in between sessions of C25k as I don’t feel anywhere near as sore which always put me off any form of running in the past.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    All sounds good @Lord_Spanielchip. Funny enough I'm coaching a c25k course atm coming upto week 9 (of 10). At week 3 they moved from 2 to 4 minutes and there was a loud gasp from many runners. Seems that 4-5 mins sparks some worry in beginning runners. However, it is easier once you get going to keep going. The initial stop/start weeks are the hardest IMO.

Keep it up :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Well done @joneve great running. The consistency will pay off :)

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1468
    mcsdan said:

Thanks! That’s the plan! I’m even starting to enjoy it I think!

Another 10k this morning. Wanted to get 8 or 9 miles in but cut short due to time constraints and the fact the Dog was a bit warm by that point. 

She’ll need to stretch her legs later so might do a 5km with her tonight. 
    23.3 miles this morning. Legs not feeling it atm but carried on anyway. Very warm at 19C to begin and 24C when finished. Fully load back pack with race kits/essentials to get used to the weight.

Half way through the year and I'm half way on the way to my 2018 miles in 2018.

=1010 miles / 1625km.

Happy with that.
    joneve said:
    mcsdan said:

Another 10k this morning. Wanted to get 8 or 9 miles in but cut short due to time constraints and the fact the Dog was a bit warm by that point. 

Really hot where I am, makes it hard work running.
    mcsdan said:
    joneve said:
    mcsdan said:

Really hot where I am, makes it hard work running.
    Yea, same here. I’m going to have to start going out at about 5:30am at this rate. FML!
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I was running yesterday, and my tricep felt sore (like someone thumped it). I slowed down but a few steps later it felt more like someone stuck a knife in. After that I walked him :)

I guess I should have a week off from running, but anything else I could do or should have done? If it just a pulled muscle, or more like a tear?
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Really stuffy this morning in Newport. I did parkrun on Saturday, I'm happy with the consolidation and a good time without pacers. I did 22:31.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    No run for me this morning. first time the legs have felt tired in a week or so, so thought it best to have a morning off. Will probably do 3-4 miles with the dog later tonight though once it's cooled. 

Then up early Wednesday morning (5:30) for a long 8 or 9 mile run to beat the heat. 
    joneve said:
    No run for me this morning. first time the legs have felt tired in a week or so, so thought it best to have a morning off. Will probably do 3-4 miles with the dog later tonight though once it's cooled. 

Then up early Wednesday morning (5:30) for a long 8 or 9 mile run to beat the heat. 
    3 miles last night. First time shins have been achey/sore whilst running in ages - probably need to be more vigilant in my stretching.

I finally hit 100 miles for the year over the weekend too. 

The 12 mile commute to work this morning helped loosen them though, I think. 
    Another 3 miles last night. 

didn't make it out yesterday morning as the little one was up a lot of the night. 

Wanted to make up for it this morning but came downstairs to 4 runny shits that the dog had done in the lounge, so spent two hours cleaning that up this morning! 

Going to try and get out in the morning. 
    joneve said:
    joneve said:

3 miles last night. First time shins have been achey/sore whilst running in ages - probably need to be more vigilant in my stretching.

Well done on your 100 miles for the year. Keep it going. :)
    mcsdan said:
    joneve said:
    joneve said:

Well done on your 100 miles for the year. Keep it going. :)
    Cheers mate.

Another 5 miles this morning. Was getting warm already at 7:30. Legs felt heavy and weary but still kept a good "race pace" 
    Running is going well at the moment. I'm combining it with just a few basic exercises now, and keeping it steady at just under 30 miles per week. Parkrun tomorrow, and the next step is to lengthen the jog there to 5.5 miles to and 3 miles from, which I may try this week. The final aim is to do 11 miles to and from, making a nice 14-mile long run.
    Running is going well at the moment. I'm combining it with just a few basic exercises now, and keeping it steady at just under 30 miles per week. Parkrun tomorrow, and the next step is to lengthen the jog there to 5.5 miles to and 3 miles from, which I may try this week. The final aim is to do 11 miles to and from, making a nice 14-mile long run.
    Excellent, good steady progress :)
    11.2 miles this morning. Did 5 with the dog, dropped her off and quickly hosed her down then carried on for another 6. Legs felt pretty good except for right at the end. 
    I did the 11.5 mile option on Saturday. Parkrun was a bit slow but that's to be expected.
    I did the 11.5 mile option on Saturday. Parkrun was a bit slow but that's to be expected.
    you had to bloody one up me didn't you?? :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I did stop a couple of times. ;)