Camel DVD The Opening Farewell

Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
Bought at the Cambridge gig (see Camel Thread in the Live Music dept).

Played by a 4-piece, with a keys player who really impressed me. Almost as good as the late Pete Bardens, I do hope Mr Latimer persuades this guy to play with Camel again.

Good set list, excellent playing - from everyone. I would query the bass sound: there's plenty of bass in it, but it would be more "definite" if it had more mid-range in it. I guess it's quite compressed as well. However it could be heard so its not a complete downer.

Recommended to any Camel fan, and also to anyone who would like to see a fine example of this splendid band in action.
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Don't know the first thing about Camel, so am watching Lady Fantasy from that DVD on YouTube right now. Love the bit when it kicks up a gear after 3 mins or so, almost Santana-esque. But in a good way :)

Can see where Steve Rothery copped some of his licks/ sound from, maybe? Definitely some parts that sound like Marillion (I didn't say that was a bad thing, by the way!)

Main thing that surprised me was the guy's voice when he started singing - nothing like I expected!

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    With all due respect to Andy Latimer (and much is due), I don't think he's the worlds greatest vocalist. However he's such an exquisitely good musician that I don't think it matters.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself