theFretBoard Jam - goes South - 2nd Jun 2018 **RESERVE LIST OPEN**

What's Hot
2456789

Comments

  • TTonyTTony Frets: 14044
    TTony said:

    Are you trying to fix a core set list so you don’t need to learn any new songs  ;)
    Not at all.

    Well, not entirely.
    ;)

    It's also about have a few in the set that we know work well and that people can play (or learn) reasonably easily.  A large part of these sessions is to give those who are less experienced/confident an opportunity to get up and play in (friendly) public,  and those songs seem to have helped that happen in previous sessions.
    Yeah, I understand, having learnt to drum on 10 songs for the Northampton Jam , I can see the benefit in finessing them rather than start from scratch each time.

    The three songs I drummed on in Hudds were better as I’d played them in Northampton.

    Will start learning the core songs in case Im needed to bang stuff.

    Apparently there’s a version of Fortunate Son with a guitar solo in it it, by Joe Lynn Turner, but I can’t find it on Spotify. 
    Have you heard about the version of Alright Now with a bass solo in it?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 371
    Paid ppg :)

    hmmmm ..... songs.?  @Clarky will insist I do Don’t Believe a Word seeing as he insists I’ll have the solo sorted by then 

    but how about one from :  
    - Heaven and Hell (sabbath) - 2 bluesy solos in there 
    - Ain’t no love in the heart of the city (whitesnake) - same again
    - All night long (Rainbow) - single simple solo

    so, suggestions only, take your pic if any meet the criteria 


    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 2816
    sev112 said:
    Paid ppg :)

    hmmmm ..... songs.?  @Clarky will insist I do Don’t Believe a Word seeing as he insists I’ll have the solo sorted by then 

    but how about one from :  
    - Heaven and Hell (sabbath) - 2 bluesy solos in there 
    - Ain’t no love in the heart of the city (whitesnake) - same again
    - All night long (Rainbow) - single simple solo

    so, suggestions only, take your pic if any meet the criteria 


    so.... do I play guitar or upside down bass on that one?? lol..
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 13696
    TTony said:
    TTony said:

    Are you trying to fix a core set list so you don’t need to learn any new songs  ;)
    Not at all.

    Well, not entirely.
    ;)

    It's also about have a few in the set that we know work well and that people can play (or learn) reasonably easily.  A large part of these sessions is to give those who are less experienced/confident an opportunity to get up and play in (friendly) public,  and those songs seem to have helped that happen in previous sessions.
    Yeah, I understand, having learnt to drum on 10 songs for the Northampton Jam , I can see the benefit in finessing them rather than start from scratch each time.

    The three songs I drummed on in Hudds were better as I’d played them in Northampton.

    Will start learning the core songs in case Im needed to bang stuff.

    Apparently there’s a version of Fortunate Son with a guitar solo in it it, by Joe Lynn Turner, but I can’t find it on Spotify. 
    Have you heard about the version of Alright Now with a bass solo in it?
    https://i.imgur.com/Ss0UL63.gifv

    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • markblagdonmarkblagdon Frets: 585
    One I nearly got into the Northampton one was - Bad Company - Feel Like Makin’ Love - has some great opportunity for solos and has great dynamics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 371
    Clarky said:
    sev112 said:
    Paid ppg :)

    hmmmm ..... songs.?  @Clarky will insist I do Don’t Believe a Word seeing as he insists I’ll have the solo sorted by then 

    but how about one from :  
    - Heaven and Hell (sabbath) - 2 bluesy solos in there 
    - Ain’t no love in the heart of the city (whitesnake) - same again
    - All night long (Rainbow) - single simple solo

    so, suggestions only, take your pic if any meet the criteria 


    so.... do I play guitar or upside down bass on that one?? lol..
    You always play the guitar upside down ... :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Yup, I’m in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 14044
    Clarky said:
    so.... do I play guitar or upside down bass on that one?? lol..
    You fancy coming along @Clarky?

    We aim to make all beginners very welcome.
    ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Moneys paid. Now to think of a couple of tunes...

    Dakota and Sex of fire anyone?  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 1491
    I'm in for this. Money sent by PPG :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 998
    Do I get to suggest a couple of tunes?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 14044
    poopot said:
    Do I get to suggest a couple of tunes?
    Of course.

    Suggest, suggest, suggest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 1015
    Choose any or none of the following as my suggestions:

    American Idiot, Green Day
    Sweet Emotion, Aerosmith
    Tube Snake Boogie, ZZ Top
    Mrs Robinson, The Lemonheads
    Holy Diver, Dio

    I can play none of the above, but then I haven't played a whole song (all the way through) since 1988
     
    :) 

    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

    I feel the need, the need  for CHEESE

    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 4361
    edited January 29
    Right, sod it, I'm in. @TTony ;; I'll sort out a payment. 

    As for songs, I have unfinished business with No surface, All Feeling... But I really think it's about time Teenage Kicks featured at a jam. John Peel wasn't wrong and I think it would very much suit @markblagdon on vocals

    My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

    Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 998
    TTony said:
    poopot said:
    Do I get to suggest a couple of tunes?
    Of course.

    Suggest, suggest, suggest.
    1)Signed sealed delivered - stevie w
    2)get down tonight - kc and the sunshine band

    Both in F

    bring da funk boys!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 14044
    McToot said:

    Mrs Robinson, The Lemonheads

    I don't think I'd ever heard that before @McToot.  Most interesting!

    poopot said:
    1)Signed sealed delivered - stevie w
    2)get down tonight - kc and the sunshine band

    Both in F

    bring da funk boys!!!!!
    That would add some variety.

    John Peel wasn't wrong.
    So true.  

    Although I hated the reggae that he played back in the day.  Now I'm buying those same CDs.  Should have known he was right at the time ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • markblagdonmarkblagdon Frets: 585
    Right, sod it, I'm in. @TTony ;; I'll sort out a payment. 

    As for songs, I have unfinished business with No surface, All Feeling... But I really think it's about time Teenage Kicks featured at a jam. John Peel wasn't wrong and I think it would very much suit @markblagdon on vocals
    I used to sing that in a student band. I know the song on guitar and the widdely fills - I’ll join you on that one!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 1015
    TTony said:
    McToot said:

    Mrs Robinson, The Lemonheads

    I don't think I'd ever heard that before @McToot.  Most interesting!

    It's a corker. 

    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

    I feel the need, the need  for CHEESE

    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • I don't believe it, as Victor Meldrew would say.

    Water Rats is 10 minutes drive from where I currently live and I've rehearsed there many times. But we've sold our house and, all going to plan, I'll be in Exmouth in June.

    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 2816
    sev112 said:
    Clarky said:
    sev112 said:
    Paid ppg :)

    hmmmm ..... songs.?  @Clarky will insist I do Don’t Believe a Word seeing as he insists I’ll have the solo sorted by then 

    but how about one from :  
    - Heaven and Hell (sabbath) - 2 bluesy solos in there 
    - Ain’t no love in the heart of the city (whitesnake) - same again
    - All night long (Rainbow) - single simple solo

    so, suggestions only, take your pic if any meet the criteria 


    so.... do I play guitar or upside down bass on that one?? lol..
    You always play the guitar upside down ... :)
    noooooo it's the rest of the world that's wrong....
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 2816

    TTony said:
    Clarky said:
    so.... do I play guitar or upside down bass on that one?? lol..
    You fancy coming along @Clarky?

    We aim to make all beginners very welcome.
    ;)
    Clarky said:
    sev112 said:
    Clarky said:
    sev112 said:
    Paid ppg :)

    hmmmm ..... songs.?  @Clarky will insist I do Don’t Believe a Word seeing as he insists I’ll have the solo sorted by then 

    but how about one from :  
    - Heaven and Hell (sabbath) - 2 bluesy solos in there 
    - Ain’t no love in the heart of the city (whitesnake) - same again
    - All night long (Rainbow) - single simple solo

    so, suggestions only, take your pic if any meet the criteria 


    so.... do I play guitar or upside down bass on that one?? lol..
    You always play the guitar upside down ... :)
    noooooo it's the rest of the world that's wrong....
    I will endeavour to get the relevant papers signed off by the authorities...
    and that's also assuming that I'm not in Oz having a beer on the beech with me dad and lil' bro
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 998
    edited January 30
    We have the main live room and control room upstairs to ourselves including this lounge area.



    Downstairs we have the big green room and large purple room.

    there is a big Asda not five minutes away but I’ve been assured the owners make a mean pot noodle!...

    trying to get Mrs poopot to be char lady for the day... but she can be a grumpy cow so it’s hard work!!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Haha @poopot ...Mrs Returns made a brief appearanceon Saturday to show me some moral support, but I think she got distracted and just wanted to sing stuff. She certainly didn't make me a brew! 

    My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

    Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 3281
    Ooooh, I'm a possible .....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

    Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 13696
    Plenty of spaces left - get signed up for our southern spectacular!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 316
    Bit far for me + I have two gigs that weekend. I'll be with you in spirit though  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 14044
    Jalapeno said:
    Ooooh, I'm a possible .....
    Ooooh, I'll possibly put you on the list then.

    ;)

    Be good if you can make it.  Sort that diary out ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 316

    Apparently there’s a version of Fortunate Son with a guitar solo in it it, by Joe Lynn Turner, but I can’t find it on Spotify. There you go - https://www.dropbox.com/s/moe08s0yynf43ca/Fortunate Son JLT.mp3?dl=0  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • markblagdonmarkblagdon Frets: 585
    drwiddly said:

    Apparently there’s a version of Fortunate Son with a guitar solo in it it, by Joe Lynn Turner, but I can’t find it on Spotify. There you go - https://www.dropbox.com/s/moe08s0yynf43ca/Fortunate Son JLT.mp3?dl=0  :)
    Excellent - thanks!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 14044
    @timmyo - fancy an afternoon out?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
This discussion has been closed.