theFretBoard Jam - goes South - 2nd Jun 2018 **RESERVE LIST OPEN**

What's Hot

Comments

• PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    OK I give in. Who is/are/were Primal Scream?
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    poopot said:

DARRIN MOONEY WILL BE PLAYING DRUMS AND STARING AT THE ARSES OF WHOEVER IS ATTENDING ON THE DAY!...
    Yeah, but can he sing????
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    mrkb said:
    poopot said:

DARRIN MOONEY WILL BE PLAYING DRUMS AND STARING AT THE ARSES OF WHOEVER IS ATTENDING ON THE DAY!...
    Yeah, but can he sing????
    I’ll ask when I get the set list over to him... ;)

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    Will there be the opportunity for other people to do any drumming on the main set songs?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    mrkb said:
    Will there be the opportunity for other people to do any drumming on the main set songs?
    Of course 
  • Ooh wow, my band play Rocks! Now I'm really looking forward to it even more...
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    poopot said:
    Ok... song choices we should not have...
    1) country girl
    2) loaded
    3) movin’ on up
    4) rocks

Or

anything else by ‘Primal Scream’

”but poopot, Primal scream are a great band!”
    I hear you say

“their drummer is one of the best in the business!”
    I hear you cry.

Thats right, he is one of the best drummers in the business... he’s also a really nice fella!...

”How nice a fella is he?” You ask...

Well... nice enough to agree to come down to Woking on the 2nd June and play drums for us horrible lot!... that’s how nice!...

In short...

Darrin Mooney will be playing drums and staring at the arses of whoever is attending on the day!...

That's excellent :)
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    More info on Darrin

http://www.darrinmooney.com/

• pmbomb said:
    Blackjack said:
    Well that will teach me to not look at all bits of the board! 
    Would love to come but as I am unemployed at the moment will have to wait and see if there are spaces still once I have got some money. Fingers crossed!!
    We can't let lack of 15 quid stop you having a nice day, I'm sure we could cover it between us. I'll put in a fiver.
    That's an incredibly kind offer but I really couldn't let you guys do that! I need to check too as we have a family wedding in June, funny enough in Woking, but not sure when. Will check up on it. Thank you so much though X 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Alnico said:
    TTony said:
    Alnico said:
    Paypal incoming.
    @Alnico - PP not received yet?
    Glad I've got you!
    Sorting it this afternoon.

EDIT: Tomorow morning apparently, it appears all the money is cash and needs to be made electronic.
    My apologies,...
      @TTony

...Now paid.
    Sorry it slipped my mind last week.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    I'm in, never been to one - and likely will be a bit shy on confidence for the jam, but will bring whatever guitars I have for a gear chat and if anyone wants to try something vintage or made by Feline (which is basically all I have now!)
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    Brocco said:
    Would love to attend if places are still available?
    Go for it @Brocco!  ;

@peteri, @Alnico, @Differs - funds received and you're all on the list.  If you've got a couple of songs that you'd like to put forward for consideration for the setlist, please add them here.  See the post at the beginning of the thread for the (likely) core setlist, to which we'll add another 6-10 songs from the suggestions.

@differs - a special welcome!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.

@TTony - thanks, can I suggest AC/DC You Shook Me All Night Long? (Because I can play it :) )

And has 'Going Down' been mentioned? Bit of a classic, and not too hard.

(Trying to summon up courage to jam! @Bucket - this is your new mission for the lessons between now and then!)

@Bridgehouse, will be bringing all the old stuff - including the Special DC you sold me, if you want to indulge in sellers remorse!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited February 2018
    Can I have
    1 - Comfortably Numb, Pink Floyd - (Bm) - HERE for Spotify and HERE for You Tube.
    2 - Higher ground, Frankie Perez and the Forest Rangers - (D with a dropped E string down to D....."Drop D") - HERE for Spotify and HERE for You Tube.

I have a backing track downloaded from Lick Library for "Comfy" which I'll use to practice to so if whoever wants to do it with me wants to us ethe same BT, let me know and I'll email it to you.

I'll have a look for the 'Higher Ground' BT but to be honest, it's a very simple song and far more about the feel and the rhythm than anything technical BUT getting the verse and chorus order is essential and that run on the chorus that the bass and guitar both follow is the key to the chorus section so it is one to get familiar with.
    If I can't find a decent BT then just play-along with the tracks above I guess but I will look. It's vastly different to the original Stevie Wonder song so practising to that might be misleading.

See what people think, I could find others if these won't work.
    Alnico said:
    Can I have
    1 - Comfortably Numb - (Bm) - HERE for Spotify and HERE for You Tube.
    2 - Higher ground - (D with a dropped E string down to D....."Drop D") - HERE for Spotify and HERE for You Tube.

You can have them added to the suggestions list. 
    :)

We'll need to sift through all the suggestions and work out what's feasible (you'll remember how much fun that process is!) once we get the attendees list finalised and all the suggestions in.  That's one reason why I'm keen to get the attendees list  sorted out asap.

Then we can put together the complete setlist and see who wants to play what.

Comfortably is already on the core list though, so if you want to add another suggestion in its place, go for it!
    peteri said:

@TTony - thanks, can I suggest AC/DC You Shook Me All Night Long? (Because I can play it :) )

@peteri - added that one to the suggestions list.

One of the benefits - for me - of attending these sessions, is allowing them to push me out of my comfort zone and the handful of songs that I typically play.  It's  a good opportunity to "encourage" yourself to learn something new that you might not have picked to learn yourself, but to do that with the support/assistance of other people attending.

Thanks - that helps, and now I've breathed deeply, I think there are about 8 songs on the list I can get near, so there's hope!

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    peteri said:

And has 'Going Down' been mentioned? Bit of a classic, and not too hard.

(Trying to summon up courage to jam! @Bucket - this is your new mission for the lessons between now and then!)

it'll be fine, I'm a fairly new player, and I know Shook Me, we can jam it together.

I'm learning the solo from this ->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3NyMEapGnc
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited February 2018
    @TTony ;; I second Shook Me (did put it in my suggestions I think). I take it you got my PPG and I'm on the list, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.