theFretBoard Jam - goes South - 2nd Jun 2018 **RESERVE LIST OPEN**

What's Hot

Comments

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    Hi Mark. Yes I'll be bringing the Matchless and PRS which I hope to play LOUD!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11743
    Alnico said:
    @TTony
    Understood, ..I had kind of forgotten how it all works with my recent events, so I'll keep my second choice suggestion and as an alternative for no.1,....can I Suggest 'Down at the Doctors' by Dr Feelgood please? (Seemed Appropriate!)

@McToot I can fix your 20-second vignette 'Thing' and get you playing full songs in one afternoon.
      @peteri same goes for you and anyone else who's not feeling up to this or whatever it is you say, it's the approach that's the key.
    My place is open to anyone that can be arsed travelling to Bedford with a guitar in your hand. There are amps here, bring your effects if you need to and be prepared to pay £2.50 for the car park and spend around 3 -4 hours asking anything you want and learning how to survive a jam session. I've got access to a ton of backing tracks so real-time practice is possible as well as "Breaking it down".
    We can focus on the songs you're doing or whatever you want to gain strength in, it's your call.
    I'm free most days so just sort something out and get down here if you feel like you want to. I can show you how to 'Learn' songs with a structure to it and eventually, like me, you'll hear a song on the radio that you've never heard before and know 75% of how to play it before you even pick a guitar up, including what key it's in by just listening.

There's way too much to type here.
    If you want help with this, just ask.

@darthed1981 is coming here this weekend for exactly this reason. He's been before and  maybe has something to say about it, so has @Vinylfan and @aord43 .

@Bridgehouse and MANY OTHERS work hard enough on these events so if I can help with tuition I'd be more than glad to.
    @Alnico is a cool guy and always happy to help, well worth braving his staircase to visit! ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Yeah.........8 flights of narrow, steep stairs.
    Sorry, should have mentioned that.

And a cat if you're allergic?
    Alnico said:
    Yeah.........8 flights of narrow, steep stairs.
    Sorry, should have mentioned that.

And a cat if you're allergic?
    They've never bothered me, though if you have negotiated them after many beverages, I take my hat off!
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Plectrum said:
    poopot said:
    Can I add “livin on a prayer” to the suggestions?

always good for a laugh, happy to do all the guitar on that one including the oowayoowayoowayooway :)

If you're suggesting a song then you should volunteer to take lead vocals on it ;)
    Cue a load of Shadows’ suggestions.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    ... and here they come ....

Apache
    The Rise and Fall of Flingel Bunt
    Geronimo
    FBI

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27433
    @bucket - the envelope arrived intact
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    Sod it, I`ll come to show how poor you can be if you only play cowboy chords for 25 years........will be good to put faces to names, paypal incoming.

Will suggest:

Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Woman
    Stone Roses - Waterfall
    Excellent @tone71.

57Deluxe said:
    57Deluxe said:
    can non forum members attend with a member? Maybe it would help one of my mature students to get in and amongst other players?
    Get them to register?
    is hard enough to get them to practice!
    In which case, they'd probably not do so well coming along to the session.

Running these sessions we've found adds an extra dimension to the forum "community".  Whilst we all "know" each other from our on-line exchanges, meeting IRL, chatting, playing, giving (and receiving) tips and info all adds to the strength of the relationships within the community.

Plus, doing all the admin and organising to make these things happen, and the sessions themselves are really a benefit to those who participate here.  So if your guy isn't likely to join up and join in, and is even less like to bother learning anything to play on the day, it seems a bit pointless for him to come along.

But as you seem to be available on the day, you've got no excuses not to join us @57deluxe!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Count me in. Money sent.
    crunchman said:
    Count me in. Money sent.
    Counted @crunchman ;
     :+1: 
    Anyone else thinking of heading down the previous day?

To make sure I'm in the right frame of mind, I was thinking of heading down on Friday 1st, driving a bit further and making a trip to Andertons, where I've never been.

Then I was going to stay in one of the Premier Inn's in Woking, grab a meal and a couple of beverages.

If anyone else is doing similar, would be cool.  The idea of a group of us on a "school trip" to Andertons is particularly appealing! :)

I know it's early days, but my participation in the Leicester jam was affected by a stressful few days at work, if I have a quiet guitar filled trip, I'll likely do a lot better.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    Dosh sent 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Thinking about songs.  Summer of 69 is quite easy to play, although it's a bit high to sing.  Sweet Home Alabama is good fun.
    crunchman said:
    Sweet Home Alabama is good fun.
    How many guitarists could we get up on stage at the same time to play a part of that?  

Surprised its not come up before as a suggestion tbh!
    crunchman said:
    Thinking about songs.  Summer of 69 is quite easy to play, although it's a bit high to sing.  Sweet Home Alabama is good fun.
    If you are thinking of the Canadian fellow, Run To You has an easy rhythm part and a straightforward twiddly.

I tried learning it years ago to impress a girl, shame I'm terrible! ;)
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited February 2018
    @darthed1981 I wouldn't go out of your way especially to visit Andertons. It's just a shop, bigger than most for sure but quite cramped.

Spend the extra day playing - time better spent.
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    pmbomb said:
    @darthed1981 I wouldn't go out of your way especially to visit Andertons. It's just a shop, bigger than most for sure but quite cramped.

Spend the extra day playing - time better spent.

I think he may be secretly hoping to bump into a certain YouTuber ;)
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @poopot has put me on to this and I am seriously considering getting off the sofa and putting my name down.  My 13 year old boy plays bass and would love to come but not sure if it's adults only? He plays in a school band and also with his local rock project - something like this would blow him away and inspire him in equal measures! Let me know if it is okay to bring him along and if there is PPG consession for juniors ;)
This discussion has been closed.